need decals for french F-100D's and a good kit in 48 scale to go w

hi,

well, after searching for many months (seriously!) i have given up trying and am going to ask a question.

i have wanted to model this bird (or a bird in the same colours) for many years, and finally have the funds to buy a kit. but cannot find a 1/48 F-100D or french decals for one. anyone know anywhere i can get either or both?

here's a pic of the bird in question....

scan0001.jpg

also, what was the usual weapons loadout for one of these?? yo be honest, i have never seen an image of an armed french super sabre.. :jaw-dropping:

how do you purchase off that site? can't seem to work that out either! :jaw-dropping:

that is exactly what i am after, and i would love to do at least 2 french F-100's, so want this sheet! many thanks for such a quick reply! :deadhorse1:

Send them an email to their email address:

Limitedcals@gmail.com

and tell them sheet number, quantity, shipping address etc. They will get back to you by email with the total, usually within a day or two. You can pay them either with your CC or by Paypal. I've ordered several times and these guys are very reliable. HTH.

Lothar

Linky

2 french F100D on the sheet: Sharkmouth+camouflage from the 11th wing (Djibouti AB) and a silver one from the 3rd wing (Nancy or Reims AB, it depends on the time frame)

Ok, it's Evil bay. But I immediately get the result by googling " f100 francais decal". You should try this too.

Edited by squezzer

ha ha, it seems this internet thing is harder than i thought! :jaw-dropping:

seems everytime i search for something for hours and have no luck but someone puts in different words and voila! sorry about that.

and thanks for the heap of replies, i thought i was never going to get anywhere!

EDIT: well, now i blame my computer! :deadhorse1: still nothing??

Untitled.jpg

Edited by mick555
hi,

well, after searching for many months (seriously!) i have given up trying and am going to ask a question.

i have wanted to model this bird (or a bird in the same colours) for many years, and finally have the funds to buy a kit. but cannot find a 1/48 F-100D or french decals for one. anyone know anywhere i can get either or both?

scan0001.jpg

also, what was the usual weapons loadout for one of these?? yo be honest, i have never seen an image of an armed french super sabre.. :blink:

I have a set of Carpena decals, which feature both a USAFE F-100D [The reason I bought the sheet] and a French AF machine in the color scheme shown in your post. it also has a rather fetching sharkmouth on the nose as well! if you PM me, I will send you the French decals Free of charge, as I won't need them, and it's always good to help out a fellow "Hun" fan! :cheers:

ha ha, it seems this internet thing is harder than i thought! :woot.gif:

seems everytime i search for something for hours and have no luck but someone puts in different words and voila! sorry about that.

and thanks for the heap of replies, i thought i was never going to get anywhere!

EDIT: well, now i blame my computer! :cheers: still nothing??

Untitled.jpg

In fact, I did not type the key words in the ebay search engine but in google, which gave me the link to the ebay page. May you try this way.

One more thing I have to add: I got the same sheet but in 1/72, and it gave a good result.

Edited by squezzer
hi,

scan0001.jpg

also, what was the usual weapons loadout for one of these?? yo be honest, i have never seen an image of an armed french super sabre.. ;)

The only good kit available now in 1/48 is the Revell/Monogram

i shall soon be in posession of that kit thanks to Gerard. :worship: after finding out a brand name, i have done a few searches on it and it seems to be a pretty decent kit, so should build up into something quite nice and different as well. :cheers:

also scored a resin 2 seater conversion, so will need at least one more kit! and much more room to store boxes as well as finished kits. this hobby is crazy! :woot.gif:

oh, and can anyone help with loadouts of the hun in this time frame? i have read over and over again that they bombed alot of targets (sometimes "attacked" which could point to missile/rockets or just cannons?)

i really want to be pretty spot on as far as accuracy goes with this build, as it has been on my ever growing wish list for a VERY long time, and have only gotten more fond of it as i stare at this picture... :explode:

Edited by mick555