Eduard 1/48 P-40N Profi-Pak

How are the general fit and detail of these kits? I bought them at a good price (didn't want to pass them up). Are the kit decals ok, too? First impression is that they're pretty nice little kits.

Aaron

I can only speak for the P-40N, its a wonderful kit, being the Mauve 1/48 moulding with some excellent accessories. The mauve kit is still widely considered one of the nicest late P-40 mouldings out there, lovely surface detail, goes together like a dream, reasonably accurate, far less complicated than the hasegawa offerings. cockpit detail is a little sparse, but thats why the eduard boxing is so nice, you get all the photo etch and resin to sort out the cockpit :monkeydance:

I've got a few of them in the stash and am always on the lookout for more mauve and eduard p-40's when they come up for sale.

Matt

How are the general fit and detail of these kits? I bought them at a good price (didn't want to pass them up). Are the kit decals ok, too? First impression is that they're pretty nice little kits.

Aaron

I can only speak for the P-40N, its a wonderful kit, being the Mauve 1/48 moulding with some excellent accessories. The mauve kit is still widely considered one of the nicest late P-40 mouldings out there, lovely surface detail, goes together like a dream, reasonably accurate, far less complicated than the hasegawa offerings. cockpit detail is a little sparse, but thats why the eduard boxing is so nice, you get all the photo etch and resin to sort out the cockpit :monkeydance:

I've got a few of them in the stash and am always on the lookout for more mauve and eduard p-40's when they come up for sale.

Matt

*sorry for the double post, some error came up*

Edited by wezra

IIRC, with the P-40 you have to put a spreader inside the fuselage below the cockpit or else you're going to have a serious gap to fill at the wing/fuselage join. Other than that I hear its a pretty good kit, I myself have one of each in my "some day" stash.