Revell 1/72 Super Hornet question...

Hello!

I just received a big package from Lucky Model with Revell's new 1/72 F-22 and Super Hornet. Despite a customs tax which made the whole package cost €10 more than expected ( :jaw-dropping: F**K OFF!!! The package arrived in Italy in 4 days but stood at Milan for 10 days, but at least the boxes are very big and attractive... All the money I managed to save by shopping on the internet vanished today) which literally ruined my day, I was observing the Hornet's sprues and one thing sprang up to my eyes.

Look at the front canopy (photo from IPMS Deutschland)

revf18e2shot06.jpg

I found an asymmetric front canopy as well, exactly like the one shown in the photo. Is that dent on the right side normal or is it a production issue? I expect that there is some asimmetry on this aircraft, but not being a Hornet expert... what would you say?

I won't have the time to build these models until september/october, but I could say that the Raptor seems more attractive than the Hornet: it's really big and features a (big - almost as big as the one of the F-16 in 1/48!!!) yellowed canopy. The cockpit is a bit of a disappointment, as there are no lateral consoles (only decals) and the front panel features decals to depict the LCD screens and a seat with safety belts, but it's really promising. Looking forward to build them!