1/32nd FW-190D-9; Which kit is the best?

Hasegawa new-tool hands down.

Keep in mind that Hasegawa produced a "Hi-Grade" Fw 190D-9 kit that was based on their old-tool Fw 190A. Avoid that kit.

Also keep in mind that Revell had their own Fw 190D-9 kit originally released in the '60s. Avoid that one as well.

HTH,

D

Also keep in mind that Revell had their own Fw 190D-9 kit originally released in the '60s. Avoid that one as well.

Yeah, me and D, we've been 12 rounds with that beastie. I wouldn't build it again, that's for sure!

Kev

I got the ST19 kit, the one with the magnificent art of Red 3 from the Papagei-Staffel as box top. The kit is a vast improvement over the initial "High Grade" thing. Thanks again to everyone who responded.

Edited by A-4Silverfox

As A-4Silverfox posted, ST19 is the number for the earliest new-tool Hasegawa Fw 190D-9 kit. Any higher kit number on a D-9 kit would be one of the new-tools. Their old D-9 box has "Hi Grade" printed prominantly on the box - avoid this kit.

I don't have a sample of the Revell of Germany boxings to get that kit number for you. However, I've only seen the Hasegawa reboxed D-9 kit boxed in the latest "blue box" they've been using. Any older box styles would be the old kit. Also, two of the old kit numbers are H-215 and 4556 - avoid these kits.

HTH,

D