Good places to eat dead cow in Columbus???

Ok you locals,

Here is the deal, I will want a nice juicy steak when I am in town next month but won't have a car. Are there any good steak houses nearby the convention center? Even better if it has a brewery with it!! :whistle:

Ok you locals,

Here is the deal, I will want a nice juicy steak when I am in town next month but won't have a car. Are there any good steak houses nearby the convention center? Even better if it has a brewery with it!! :)

Hey Mike you and i think alike a nice piece of dead cow and a cold one got love ir now we just have to find the place :woot.gif::rolleyes::tumble:

I have been doing some digging on this topic, I too favor the aroma of charred moo-flesh (but a ohh-so-succulent 134 deg. inside)...Let you know...I am planning on taking in Schmidt's for german fare and Thurmans cafe, weblinkys if you like for the asking. I do know there's a Mortons very close by if you'd rather spend $70 on a steak instead of the vendor room...

Edited by metroman
I have been doing some digging on this topic, I too favor the aroma of charred moo-flesh (but a ohh-so-succulent 134 deg. inside)...Let you know...I am planning on taking in Schmidt's for german fare and Thurmans cafe, weblinkys if you like for the asking. I do know there's a Mortons very close by if you'd rather spend $70 on a steak instead of the vendor room...

Guys, or should I say fellow carnivore's, Columbus is blessed with a lot of good Steak houses in the downtown area, several of which are walking distance. In the registration package, there will be a list of local restaurants to whet your appetite. As for Beef, the best and closest are Morton's which is on High Street, just around the corner, and Hyde Park Grille on the Cap over I-670. Just a little further away is the best IMHO, Mitchell's Steakhouse on 3rd street. If you can waiver a little from Beef to Bison, Ted's Montana Grill is just a short walk away in the Arena district. Which brings me to something else. If you haven't been to Columbus since the last Nats in '97, boy are you in for a surprise. The area to the west and north of the convention hotel has changed out of all recognition. I know you will enjoy it, especially if you like food.

Graham Holmes

IPMS Eddie Rickenbacker

There is a Gordon Biersch Brewry/restaurant about a half a block from the hotel. There lots of places to go eat down there.

I would highly suggest for those looking to try something totally different for dessert. Jeni's Ice Cream. My personal recomendation would be Queen City Cayanne. Ice Cream like you have never experienced before in your life.

To correct a common error, the convention is at the Hyatt Regency hotel, not the Convention Center. The Convention Center is next door, but not where we will be. That being said, there is a restaurant in the Hotel, plus a bagel stand and I think coffee stand. Also, there are a lot of restaurants not only walking distance, but very short walking distance, 1-3 mins.

Graham

Can anyone tell me if the convention center itself has restaurants in it like some cities/arenas have, or are all places to eat a walk or drive aways?

Mortons is OK, but it is a chain restaurant like Ruths Chris Steak House. Great food but everything is ala carte. I like the local places that have their own personality. This is my one trip away, alone and without the wife and shrub and I would love to spoil myself just one night in the company of some of my modeling buddies I rarely see. Thanks for all of the suggestions. I am really looking forward to the show.

Oh, make sure to come by Two Mikes booth and spend some cash so I can afford to go out for a dead bovine dinner!! :cheers:

Mortons is OK, but it is a chain restaurant like Ruths Chris Steak House. Great food but everything is ala carte. I like the local places that have their own personality. This is my one trip away, alone and without the wife and shrub and I would love to spoil myself just one night in the company of some of my modeling buddies I rarely see. Thanks for all of the suggestions. I am really looking forward to the show.

Oh, make sure to come by Two Mikes booth and spend some cash so I can afford to go out for a dead bovine dinner!! :cheers:

So mike is your debit card going to be melted by then i will leaving some money at our booth and i will buy your beer at the dead bovine dinner :cheers::taunt: :D :)

On a food related topic, but different specifics:

I saw on the food network the other week of some deli that serves a HUGE sandwich there in Columbus. Maybe it was called a Dagwood sandwich....I may be dreaming that.

Does anyone know what I'm referring to?

JED

On a food related topic, but different specifics:

I saw on the food network the other week of some deli that serves a HUGE sandwich there in Columbus. Maybe it was called a Dagwood sandwich....I may be dreaming that.

Does anyone know what I'm referring to?

JED

Probably talking about Katzingers deli in German Village (south of downtown)

http://www.katzingers.com/

http://www.katzingers.com/sandwichmain.html

or....

Thurmans cafe

http://www.thethurmancafe.com/

http://www.thethurmancafe.com/menus

Matt

We are also the home of square hamburgers.....Wendy's and White Castle!

Edited by Matt Roberts

I just did some creative google searching and found that the restaurant I was referring to was called the Ohio Deli.

The name of the sandwich is The Dagwood and it weighs 2.5 lbs.

I can't wait!

Can any Columbus guys comment on this joint?

JED

I just did some creative google searching and found that the restaurant I was referring to was called the Ohio Deli.

The name of the sandwich is The Dagwood and it weighs 2.5 lbs.

I can't wait!

Can any Columbus guys comment on this joint?

JED

I saw that episode of Man Vs Food!! The Dagwood looks amazing. May have to join you Jed!! :)