So I've kinda been wanting a gravity feed airbrush to go with my Paasche. Was looking at the Hobby Lobby yesterday and noticed that if I use the coupon, I could wind up with either an Iwata Eclipse or the Aztec that comes in the wood box (sorry I forgot to look at the model) for around 100.00. So without trying to start a huge forum war, which would be recommended for a general use airbrush that just happens to be good at detail stuff too. I know a lot of people use Iwata, but I've good and bad about the Aztec. I've noticed there's even a article pinned here about Aztec and I don't know to read that as a good thing or not.

Thanks

Josh

Hi Josh,

I'm using an Iwata HP-C Plus and I would highly recommend Iwata airbrushes. They are practically bullet proof, extremely reliable and easy to clean.

Cheers,

John

Edited by CF104

Put it this way: when I owned an Aztek it went back under the "lifetime guarantee"; the only reason I didn't send it back a second time was that I got rid of it. I've owned an Iwata for a few years now and the few problems I've had with it have been of my own making. So go for the Iwata, no question of it.

Edited by MikeC

Josh:

I been using for about 5 years a couple of Badger Crescendos 175 and recently I faced the same dilemma.

Now I also have a Badger Anthem, a Badger 100GL and one Iwata HP-CS.

I´m in love with the Iwata, but be aware that all of them are terrific pieces of equipment depending on what you want them for:

I use the Crescendos for medium to large works, Antehm and 100GL used for fine to medium jobs and the Iwata for super fine to medium jobs.

Only problem I have now is that I always want to use the Iwata, cause I really love that thing.

No wonder, it is your best choice.

Hope this helps.

Edgar

Edited by Edgar Mertins