1/32 Revell De Havilland Venom to Vampire......

Hi guys,

Can any of the post war British jet fans tell me is it possible to convert the Revell 1/32 Sea Venom to the 2 seater Vampire (T.55) as used by the Irish Air Corps. I guess if possible a whole new cockpit and de-navalising is needed? Were these twin-tail family very similar, my searching makes it seem so? I have a Venom line drawing but cant find a Vampire one to confirm? Any help would be very much appreciated!

Cheers,

Glen

The Vampire & Venom had totally different wings - amongst many other changes.

In planform, the Vampires wings tapered equally front and rear, The Venom wing was thinner and had leading edge sweep but a straight trailing edge.

Do a quick Google for images......

A good starting point is here.

Ken

Hi guys,

Can any of the post war British jet fans tell me is it possible to convert the Revell 1/32 Sea Venom to the 2 seater Vampire (T.55) as used by the Irish Air Corps. I guess if possible a whole new cockpit and de-navalising is needed? Were these twin-tail family very similar, my searching makes it seem so? I have a Venom line drawing but cant find a Vampire one to confirm? Any help would be very much appreciated!

Cheers,

Glen

Hi guys,

Thanks very much for the input, much appreciated.

Cheers,

Glen