A new beginning: using some plans from the "In Australian Service" series I finally saw why this kit didn't look correct right out of the box.

TigerMothCt4WackettWi20143_f.jpg

A bit of desconstruction will allow me to widen and lengthen the model to better proportions.

2.jpg

Gary

A bit more done; I have to keep correcting my own mistakes which slows it down a bit. ;)

9small.jpg

Nav and landing lights put into the wings and a small shelf added to the rear of the cockpit. A lot of little details to go before adding the canopy.

Ray, the Tasman kit is not as bad as I may make it seem. The width fix is simple and it really improves the look of the kit..... the canopy actually fits now. It would have been easier if I hadn't had the main parts put together already. Since I am at the opposite corner of the Pacific Ocean, I didn't hear of the Kiwi Resin Airtrainer until it was no longer available, so I must work with what I have.

Gary

• 1 month later...

Where did the summer go??

With the help from one of the Aerobatic Team SIG members, I got another CT-4 kit. I cut my own throat as I wanted to do the current Red Checkers CT-4E in the yellow c/s and started it. I have a couple of spinners turned from acrylic rod and these pics of the re-worked nose for the larger engine of the CT-4E.

smallct4e_1.jpg

smallct4e_2.jpg

Unfortunately, this will be as far as it goes for the Group Build as there is no modeling time for the rest of the month. My hat's off to those of you that can build to a deadline and I hope these models can show up somewhere else.

Gary :P