So much for the all grey C-17's....

In case y'all missed it, the Qatari C-17 is coming in the next few weeks from F-Dcal. Artwork by yours truly.

Note: Another airliner decal manufacturer is also doing this, but the F-Dcal version will also come with markings for the grey camouflaged Qatari C-17! And as soon as I can get good info and better pics, we'll be doing the NATO C-17s as well.

J

A7-MAB.jpg

Edited by Jennings
In case y'all missed it, the Qatari C-17 is coming in the next few weeks from F-Dcal. Artwork by yours truly.

Where do I buy it? When can I have it? Can I drive to where it is and get it? Here's my checkbook, fill in some numbers...

Edited by code20photog
Anyone have confirmation on whether there IS an all white UN C-17 being built? Some people who hug the fence at Long beach say there is, and some say it was the base coat for the Qatar bird.

The UN doesn't buy, own, or operate aircraft of its own. UN-marked a/c are flown (and owned) by member nations or private contractors. There is no indication that there is going to be any C-17 built for anybody besides already known customers. Unless somebody steps up and ponies up more money, I believe the two Qatari and three NATO C-17s will be the last off the line.

J

Per the latest issue of AvWeek, seems this colorful 17 is destined for use by the ruling family of Qatar (Sorry if I offend anybody, but I cant remember the proper term) alongside the other aircraft they use, hence the fantastic paint job & civil registration. The other -17 will be used by the Qatari air force.

Ves ;)

Per the latest issue of AvWeek, seems this colorful 17 is destined for use by the ruling family of Qatar (Sorry if I offend anybody, but I cant remember the proper term) alongside the other aircraft they use, hence the fantastic paint job & civil registration. The other -17 will be used by the Qatari air force.

Ves ;)

So that is why. Thanks for the information Ves.

Per the latest issue of AvWeek, seems this colorful 17 is destined for use by the ruling family of Qatar (Sorry if I offend anybody, but I cant remember the proper term)

I think they call themselves the Qatari royal family, so I doubt that they'd take offense :whistle:

alongside the other aircraft they use, hence the fantastic paint job & civil registration. The other -17 will be used by the Qatari air force.

Actually both a/c are Qatar Emiri Air Force, just that one is in quasi-airline colors and one is in typical grey camouflage. Both carry military roundels, and both (in common with the military transports of many other nations) carry civil registrations as well. I'm not sure how that's legal with ICAO, but lots of countries do it (France, Israel, Egypt, Russia/USSR).

J

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...