I'm currently building an F-111A in Combat Lancer configuration, unfortunately Hasegawa doesn't supply the two ALQ-87 ECM pods i need in order to make an accurate SEA bird. I was thinking about scratchbuilding the pod and making resin copies of it, but I haven't been able to find the pod's specifications anywhere. What I need is the external dimensions of the real life pod, or at least measurements of an accurate scale reproduction.

Thanks in advance guys.

I'm currently building an F-111A in Combat Lancer configuration, unfortunately Hasegawa doesn't supply the two ALQ-87 ECM pods i need in order to make an accurate SEA bird. I was thinking about scratchbuilding the pod and making resin copies of it, but I haven't been able to find the pod's specifications anywhere. What I need is the external dimensions of the real life pod, or at least measurements of an accurate scale reproduction.

Thanks in advance guys.

Don't tear your hair out, bud. The Monogram 1/48th scale F-105G and F-4C/D kits both include one. Use that as your master and mold one or scavenge them and use as is. I think the F-4 kit included one because Robin Olds' flight used them in Operation Linebacker as F-105 decoys to fool the NVAF. Since the Olds decals were included in the first kit releases, I guess they wanted to include the AN/ALQ-87 as well.

You should be able to get the kits for about $20-$25 a pop and have a decent kit to build after you scavenge the pods.

...Just realized that you were in Italy. I don't know where in Italy you can get them, but Hannants in the UK sells the Revell (ex-Monogram) F-4C for 15 "pounds stirling", which by my guess is just over 17 Euros. Very reasonable

Stew

Edited by CenTexModeler

Me thinks we're looking for 1/72 pods here, not 1/48, since it's about the Hasegawa kit. The Italeri F-111A has 2 of them included and you can also find them in Hase's weapon set no. 4.

Me thinks we're looking for 1/72 pods here, not 1/48, since it's about the Hasegawa kit. The Italeri F-111A has 2 of them included and you can also find them in Hase's weapon set no. 4.

Aircraft Weapons : IV

U.S. Air to Ground Missiles (X72-4)

Contents

HS_X72_4.jpg

image002.jpg

Net Photo

Edited by magman2
F-4 kit included one because Robin Olds' flight used them in Operation Linebacker as F-105 decoys to fool the NVAF.

Stew

A minor correction Stew, the name for that special mission was Operation "Bolo" Where Gen. Olds (then a Col.) decoyed MiG's into thinking they were engaging Thuds and had easier prey. I'll bet the highly lauded Col. Toon is glad he missed that party.

Edited by Angels49