Creating an F-15 Silent Eagle?

Who knows someday, in an alternative future, we will see something such as the F-14 Silent Cat ;) Would look pretty cool: a Tomcat with Fast Cells, vector thrust engines and side weapons bay.

That would look disgusting.

As far as thrust vectoring and the F-15 go...

I say, stuff some F-15 S/MTD ACTIVE engines into them :)

Hey, hey, come on now. This isn't the web page where when a member says something that everybody dislikes we verbal abuse and constantly harass them until they leave. There are other places for that.

Wayne,

Unfortunately that test has been done at least twice in real life. The SecDef has said that he sees wars in the forseeable future as being assymetric in nature, so I would not expect to see a lot of money spent from this point on for airframes that are almost thirty years old and dedicated to air to air.

Regards,

Murph

If the test your talking about are the same ones I am thinking about, one in the 70s and the one in early 90s? Far as I know they did not entirely push the test program. This time around they are talking about pushing it till it breaks.

Like your thoughts, I would be surprised if they actually follow through with it.

I bet some Tomcat will go into parts to make the eagle last longer..........

Well thinking about the company that most likely has the material "Alcoa". There could be a part of tomcats, in every household, never mind another aircraft.

Dude....clearly, Fuji's pics demonstrate that the Decepticons are responsible for the early retirement of the Tomcat. They proved unable to stop the Constructicons, so the USN was forced to use Super Hornets, which have obviously proven themselves more able to stop the Cybertronian menace.

If the test your talking about are the same ones I am thinking about, one in the 70s and the one in early 90s? Far as I know they did not entirely push the test program. This time around they are talking about pushing it till it breaks.

Like your thoughts, I would be surprised if they actually follow through with it.

I think he was talking about the F-15s that came apart in mid-air.