brandonsdad1- Bad Trader

Have traded with alot of people here in ARC from 2006 and have only good things to say about my transactions. Apparently, I can't say the same thing with brandonsdad1 (David Harris). Its a very simple buy and sell transaction gone bad. Here is the thread link.

Neither my purchased stuff nor the returned money promised has been recieved my end as of this date. He's been checking the forums almost everyday but has kept stealth on his visits recently. I've also noticed that ever since he joined ARC he's never posted anything on other thread other than his own buy and sell one. I dont want to think that his main reason for joining is to con people into buying stuff and never recieve what was transacted.

I still have to be proven wrong. If the items I bought should arrive or the money I paid is returned then I would consider retracting my statement. Until then this one stands here.

I trusted you brother, :monkeydance:

Eric

hhhmmmmmmmmmm I sold him a Gundam a month ago and have yet to receive payment. I made the mistake of sending the kit in good faith. This was the first, and last time I do this. Its only 40 bucks but thats not the point.

In fact, this is my first ever trade/sale gone bad in my many years of trading on modeling forums.

You know what sucks? Is that this guy has kicked top-notch ARC members in the teeth. Mike and I have done a couple of deals over the last couple of years and he's an excellent member. I almost bought a F-18F kit from Harris, glad I didn't.

You know what sucks? Is that this guy has kicked top-notch ARC members in the teeth. Mike and I have done a couple of deals over the last couple of years and he's an excellent member. I almost bought a F-18F kit from Harris, glad I didn't.

You know its just one of those situations in my case that I became complacent and sent a kit before the cash arrived. I broke the cardinal rule of trading. As I said, in all my years I have never been screwed over. Sadly, this makes me much more cautious in dealing with people other than those I know. Live and learn and all that.

Oh and thanks for the kind words. It takes two to make a transaction work and you have always been a great trade partner!! Cheers!

Mike

One thing I will not do from now on is not to buy from new members and those without a good history of sell/trade here on ARC. I had a bad feeling already as I sent off my money order to this seller. I should have followed my instincts and canceled my purchase but I didn't.

I lost $35.75 and two nice kits had I received them. Too bad. I'll keep an eye out for this guy.

:monkeydance:

I am having a run of bad luck. I got burned on this one too, and the snarlyq transaction as well. I also haven't received a kit from another transaction last month, although I actually think that member is going to come through.

I do still have the address I mailed the payment to. Looking at Google maps it appears to be a business park of some sort. I should have checked that first.....No PayPal, low post count, non-residential address.....

Gonna lay off the buy button for a while.....

--Will

I am having a run of bad luck. I got burned on this one too, and the snarlyq transaction as well. I also haven't received a kit from another transaction last month, although I actually think that member is going to come through.

I do still have the address I mailed the payment to. Looking at Google maps it appears to be a business park of some sort. I should have checked that first.....No PayPal, low post count, non-residential address.....

Gonna lay off the buy button for a while.....

--Will

Will,

You are right. It is a business address. Its The Laundry Depot in one of the strips of mall in Greensboro.

Eric

Wow, now I am counting myself lucky. I asked him about the 1/32 Su-27 stuff but decided against it. If only I still lived in NC...

I know I would take some kind of action guys, or he will just do it again somehwere else. If anyone sent a USPS money order and he cashes it, I believe its a federal fraud case at that point. USPS is serious about fraud and money orders, and I would think using a bogus address would just add to the charges.

Wow, now I am counting myself lucky. I asked him about the 1/32 Su-27 stuff but decided against it. If only I still lived in NC...

I know I would take some kind of action guys, or he will just do it again somehwere else. If anyone sent a USPS money order and he cashes it, I believe its a federal fraud case at that point. USPS is serious about fraud and money orders, and I would think using a bogus address would just add to the charges.

He only requested US Postal money orders or cash. I asked if he would take a check and he said he couldn't, which was a red flag for me already...

If what you say above is true, I'll be dropping by the post office on Monday and file something. I'm also thinking of filling out the police linky I posted above if I hear nothing from this seller in the next few days. He won't be selling here no more. :cheers:

I know I had an issue when I sent a USPS mo to a guy for a kit, then he ended up, uh, dying. When I heard that, I went to the PO and filled out a form to get the money refunded. They gave me a refund after 30 days, but apparently someone then went and cashed the MO that I had sent, so they asked me for the money back. When I once again explained to them that the guy I sent the MO to was no longer amongst the living and it must be someone else that cashed it, they opened an investigation and didn't bother me anymore. And that was for only $35. If you file a report, which I think you should, I would gather as many statements as I could from others that have been ripped off. Get the numbers from the money order they used (its printed on all the copies, including the senders copy), the post office can track those. That way you can esablish just how much he may have stolen and hopefully make it that much worse for him, and perhaps give them a little more incentive to thoroughly investigate this person.

Edited by JasonB
I know I had an issue when I sent a USPS mo to a guy for a kit, then he ended up, uh, dying. When I heard that, I went to the PO and filled out a form to get the money refunded. They gave me a refund after 30 days, but apparently someone then went and cashed the MO that I had sent, so they asked me for the money back. When I once again explained to them that the guy I sent the MO to was no longer amongst the living and it must be someone else that cashed it, they opened an investigation and didn't bother me anymore. And that was for only $35. If you file a report, which I think you should, I would gather as many statements as I could from others that have been ripped off. Get the numbers from the money order they used (its printed on all the copies, including the senders copy), the post office can track those. That way you can esablish just how much he may have stolen and hopefully make it that much worse for him, and perhaps give them a little more incentive to thoroughly investigate this person.

Well, if the other fellas contact me via PM I can share my info with you. I'm filling out something just to get anything back...

Thanks for the info.

The PO can basically put a stop payment on an MO if it hasn't been cashed yet, so thats the first step, find out if its been cashed.

Guys that pull stuff like this are depending on people not talking to each other or doing anything about it. They assume that if they string it out long enough and give enough excuses, they can get the money and disappear. I think however he will find that accepting the USPS mo's then ripping people off will cause him far more grief than he might be prepared for. Someone at that business address where he was getting stuff mailed is going to know who he is and where he lives. I doubt seriously the mail man just went there and dropped off to whoever was standing at the door waiting for him.

Wow. I take a few days off from here and this happens.

I have just recieved several PM's and since some of your inboxes are full im going to reply here.

First off I have sent out your payments via the Post Office. They were mailed out on Friday July 31 2009 and will be to their respective addresses by Wed at the latest.

Mike I have sent you out a new Money Order for the kit you sent with the rest of the payments and cancelled out the one sent before.

Secondly. I work at the Depot one day a week on Saturday afternoon since everyone seems to be concerned about the address used. I do not and will not use my personal address for anything on the internet.

Third. I sent out all of the kits as stated. I do not know what has happened to delay them from arriving. I have tried to get help on this matter from them but considering I have no control over the Post Office there is not much I can do.

Fourth. I admit that I dont use PayPal for several reasons. The main reason is the charges they try to put on accounts. I dont do checks because I dont have a checking account. Not that this is anyones business but my own. Also when I sign in here I have used invisiable except for a few times because my step son uses the site also. I didnt want him to answer any pf the PM's on here by accident. ( I know it sounds like a BS answer but its the truth.)

Finally. I am trying to make everyone happy here and sent back the money paid until the kits arrive. If you are not satisfied with the arrangement when the kit arrives just put return to sender and that would be the end of it.

I have never lied, stolen or burned anyone in my life and I am not about to start. I have done everything I said I was going to do. I can understand that you feel like you have been mislead or taken but that is not the case.

If there are anymore issues you would like to discuss with me feel free to email me directly at brandonsdad1971@hotmail.com .

Davd

David,

First, thank you for the reply and explaining your side to us. We were really hoping to get your side of the story since you've never been communicating for awhile. I do hope that what you've stated here is what we will be expecting.

Eric

Funny thing........ Last name Harris.......Must be related to Lynn Harris......AKA VF101guy from Greensboro NC. RIPPED me off once and I won't forget it. You can change your screen name but you can't change your habits.

Still have your emails and address so all you folks who have been ripped let me know I'll confirm.

Smells real fishy....... Might have a middle name.....

Edited by Elmo

David

I will tell you what. If I get the payment by Friday then all is well. If not, I will pursue this not just for my own cause but for the others involved here as well. I have NEVER had anything like this happen before and frankly I am still quite leery about the whole thing. I want to believe you but the evidence is mounting against you.

If you do not come through, I hope you will take the time while building the kit I sent you to reflect on screwing me over.

Funny thing........ Last name Harris.......Must be related to Lynn Harris......AKA VF101guy from Greensboro NC. RIPPED me off once and I won't forget it. You can change your screen name but you can't change your habits.

Still have your emails and address so all you folks who have been ripped let me know I'll confirm.

Smells real fishy....... Might have a middle name.....

I was just thinking the same thing.

Edited by VFA-103guy

Also when I sign in here I have used invisiable except for a few times because my step son uses the site also. I didnt want him to answer any pf the PM's on here by accident. ( I know it sounds like a BS answer but its the truth.)

What does logging in under invisible have to do with your son not being able to answer PM's when he logs in? I assume he has a different account, or perhaps you would have us believe when you log in under invisible you cannot check your messages?

Your answer is muddy at best, and outright BS at face value.

I do not have a trade pending with you, but when you come in here with the usual litany of excuses, then make up something, smells like a fish story to me.

David Harris,

I along with the others are giving you until this week for the kits, am parts or refund to show up. If still nothing shows up then you give us no choice but to file a report and bring this matter to the proper authorities.

Do you believe in karma?

Eric

Gentlemen-

Do not be fooled by this guy.

His real name is Lynn Harris.

If you have sent him money or kits, or have been offered a refund for your purchase, your best bet is to file a report with the Greensboro NC police dept. Lynn is a wanted man both here and through several other sites. His typical behavior is to advertise kits for sale, and then he obviously never ships them. He always offers one excuse after the other as to why something doesn't ship or offers a refund that you'll never see.

I'd advise you to take action to help stop this criminal before he rips anyone else off.

I'm sure if you did a search here for "VF-101guy" you'll find some similar stories.

Edited by VFA-103guy