AH-6C, MH-6 photos from AH6C-SIP-PICS ARE BACK!

Should be the AAQ-45 DAIRCM that is currently equipped on Air Force HH-60Gs.

https://theaviationist.com/2020/03/21/u-s-air-force-deploying-new-distributed-aperture-infrared-countermeasure-on-hh-60g-pave-hawk-helicopters/

Integration was mentioned in FY22 budget documents.

Procurement of systems for integration and test will leverage the Department of the Navy IRCM (DAIRCM)development efforts and contracts. The government will integrate the systems onto the A/MH-6 utilizing existing aircraft modification contracts.

23 hours ago, Clinstone said:

Should be the AAQ-45 DAIRCM that is currently equipped on Air Force HH-60Gs.

https://theaviationist.com/2020/03/21/u-s-air-force-deploying-new-distributed-aperture-infrared-countermeasure-on-hh-60g-pave-hawk-helicopters/

Integration was mentioned in FY22 budget documents.

Good info, thanks very much.  That’s a pretty small package for such a system, fascinating how quickly these devices are being miniaturized.  

Wonder if the rest of the Regiment’s fleet of helos are also getting these added?   

15 hours ago, Sarathi S. said:

DAIRCM is getting rolled out to just about everything, even the USMC H-1 fleet, so it's a safe bet that yes all of the 160th's aircraft are getting it.

Didn't know that Big Army was getting this installed on their helos.    Thanks for the info.  

• 2 months later...

Posted on social media.   Picture was labeled TF159+1 Sea Bat...  USS Simpson.    Interesting shot of an early FLIR setup on the Littlebird.    According to comments on the picture, there may be an "extra special MD530" just visible in the left side of this picture.  

32WcAM9.jpg

• 4 months later...

In relation to the question about the instrument panel, the AH-6F panel is based on the slimmer pedestal of the civilian Hughes 500D. The AH-6C is the T-shaped one found on the OH-6A. 

Nice work on your model, by the way.

LD.

Unfortunately, I made a non-existent model. I realized late that it was necessary to install a different dashboard for the AH-6G. There was only a T-shaped dashboard one in the Bilek/Italery set.

It was necessary either to change the dashboard, or not to put a shelf for weapons.

x3KfBdp-KoI.jpg?size=2544x1908&quality=9

digFeCnZV2A.jpg?size=2560x2560&quality=9

hys2xncqPrQ.jpg?size=2560x2560&quality=9

Edited by Shhedrov
  • 4 months later...

Would anyone here know how to find out the fate/final resting place of one of the birds? Specifically, I’m looking to see if 81-23635 (Star 44) still exists as a static display somewhere or if it was scrapped? My father in law, the assault wing commander, Ron Cugno, piloted it on 10/3/93 and I’d sure like to track it down if it’s out there somewhere. Thank you all. 

4 hours ago, DJ328 said:

Would anyone here know how to find out the fate/final resting place of one of the birds?

Hope others can help better but so far it looks like it might still be in use. 

Yes, the likelihood is that it is either written-off or if still in the fleet, has been converted into an MELB and is still active. -23630 and -23636 have both been converted into MELBs so -23635 is likely to have done the same. I cant's find any photos of it in MELB configuration though. None of the fleet lists I have show it as being written-off but the lists I have are a little dated.

Correction: I found this photo on the web. It is an MELB now.

US Army MD Helicopters AH-6J Little Bird 81-23635

LD.

9 hours ago, Loach Driver said:

Yes, the likelihood is that it is either written-off or if still in the fleet, has been converted into an MELB and is still active. -23630 and -23636 have both been converted into MELBs so -23635 is likely to have done the same. I cant's find any photos of it in MELB configuration though. None of the fleet lists I have show it as being written-off but the lists I have are a little dated.

Correction: I found this photo on the web. It is an MELB now.

US Army MD Helicopters AH-6J Little Bird 81-23635

LD.

Wow! 30 years later. I was. It expecting that. Lol. Thank you so much, you are a wealth of knowledge! 

• 3 months later...