So, just WHERE are the Nats?

I tried sending the brass at this years nats an e-mail once and it came back... maybe a month later. Since there isn't that much time for them to see a red flag I wanted to raise it where it might get a little more attention.

There is No mention on any pages of where the actual show is! The registration form mentions it, but it's a separate PDF download. The accomodations parking info would lead you to believe it's at the Convention center, not the hotel.

There will be confusion, chaos, and anger if this isn't cleared up.

I tried sending the brass at this years nats an e-mail once and it came back... maybe a month later. Since there isn't that much time for them to see a red flag I wanted to raise it where it might get a little more attention.

There is No mention on any pages of where the actual show is! The registration form mentions it, but it's a separate PDF download. The accomodations parking info would lead you to believe it's at the Convention center, not the hotel.

There will be confusion, chaos, and anger if this isn't cleared up.

The convention is at the Hyatt Regency hotel, not the Convention Center. The two buildings are connected, but we are in the hotel, the more southerly building. Same place as 1997

Graham

Until this post, everything I have seen and heard implied it was at the convention center. Same thing happened in LA - went to the Convention Center then we just happened to ask the parking staff about it said they never heard of the IPMS convention. Luckily we found out before we had to pay for the outrageous parking cost.

Hmmm... I must have been confused but I guess I'm not any more?

The first sentence of the vendors package I received says:

"Greetings,

My name is Jason Holt and I am the Vendor Chairman for the 2009 IPMS USA National Convention being held August 19th to the 22nd at the Hyatt Regency Convention Center in downtown Columbus, Ohio."

The parking info link on the accomodations and facilities pages highlights parking lots all the way around the convention center with directions listed to the convention center loading dock...

I did go to the hotel website though and looked at the floor-plan and at least the vendors rooms are in fact in the hotel on the second floor (I'll be in the Fairfield room tables FA12 and 13).

Where is the contest room? Third floor (Battelle Hall)?

Looking forward to the show!

:cheers:

Notice I said the Hyatt Regency Convention Center and not the Greater Columbus Convention Center. The two places are attached and next door.

There are parking lots located all around that entire area. And everything is within a very short walking distance, so even if you parked in the 'wrong place' it wouldn't have made much of a difference. As far as going to the wrong place, well that is left up to individual and their reading comprehension skills.

The contest room is on the third floor in Battelle.

See you all very very soon. 1 week to go!

Nope. Don't read much. Hurts my brain...

I like looking at pictures though!

I guess I was confused because the hotel website doesn't mention that it has a convention center but has an enclosed walkway connecting it to the convention center.

That plus the IPMS site doesn't say the convention center is 'in' the hotel and the only convention center shown on the parking map is the Greater Columbus Convention Center.

Oh well, at least I know where I'm going now...

:huh:

P.S. Are tickets for the banquet still available? Can they be purchased there when I register?

Nope. Don't read much. Hurts my brain...

I like looking at pictures though!

I guess I was confused because the hotel website doesn't mention that it has a convention center but has an enclosed walkway connecting it to the convention center.

That plus the IPMS site doesn't say the convention center is 'in' the hotel and the only convention center shown on the parking map is the Greater Columbus Convention Center.

Oh well, at least I know where I'm going now...

:thumbsup:

P.S. Are tickets for the banquet still available? Can they be purchased there when I register?

As a follow on to Jason's comments, I am the one keeping track and yes there are a few left. If you are coming in Wednesday, you should be able to get one then.

Graham