1/48 Eduard Hellcat double build

I will be building two hellcats from the eduard combo kit. The kit itself is a real bargain - for 24 EUR you get 2 complet kits together with mask and PE sets for the cockpit and exterior. The cockpit PE is colored. The 2 birds will be placed on the WWII carrier deck from eduard.

1.jpg

david

Edited by David Kalosi

Finally made some progress on the Mk. I, as usual started with the cockpit, mainted with a mix of gunze 27 and 305 to aprox match the color PE parts.

Did some drybrushing with silver color and that weathered using the promodellers light dirt wash.

The cockpit is really really nice and detailed , over 40 PE parts :salute: ... If I imagine I have to do this once more .... :P

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Edited by David Kalosi

Nice progress! :rolleyes: Do not forget to paint the compartment behind the pilot (viewed from the third window) in "grumman gray" FS36440. The same color goes on the inside of the cowling. Many instructions tell's you to color all parts with interior green but with hellcat it isn't so. I dont know how it is with Eduard but... Looking forvard to see some progress.

Primoz

Do not forget to paint the compartment behind the pilot (viewed from the third window) in "grumman gray" FS36440. The same color goes on the inside of the cowling. Many instructions tell's you to color all parts with interior green but with hellcat it isn't so. I dont know how it is with Eduard but... Looking forvard to see some progress.

Primoz,

With you 100% on the gray but - and I appreciate it's a restoration - the dash-5 on the ARC walkaround certainly appears to be interior green on the inside of the cowling...

This is my excuse, anyway, and I'm sticking to it :rolleyes:

Patrick

thanks everybody for looking and for the tips. regarding the cowling - in the eduard instruction there are 3 different colors for it depending on the exact plane you choose to build, so far I was following the instructions..

made some progress - the engine is almost done, painted with dark and white alluminium alclads for different shades, then drybrushed with alclad burnt iron and weathered with promodellers black wash. the fuselage and wings are glued together, did some sanding and scribing where the fuselage meets, will se after the first surfacer coat what needs to be done

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Edited by David Kalosi
  • 4 weeks later...

Finally I was able to progress with the model, I was planning to do both for the GB but I will be lucky if I finish this one, I had really really no modeling time due to various reasons ...

First I primed it with mr surfacer 1200. after correcting and re-priming the problematic parts I did some preshading with black colour.

then I sprayed the camo and the invasion stripes and here is what it looks like now, actually this was sofar the most complex paint job after I started modeling again this year :thumbsup:)

the colors used where gunze 26 for the bottom, 305 for the gray, 114 for the red, the olive black and white colors are tamiya.

next I'll spray a gloss coat, do the decals, some basic weathering. another gloss coat and then the salt weathering and the final matt coat.

hope I'll finish by the deadline :):)

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys for the kind words :doh:

altough I'm not 100% satisfied with the model, but again I have learned a lot and still have a long long journey in fron of me.

I'll try to use everything I have learned from this build on the second hellcat that I've managed to get to the cocpkit finished stage :cheers:)) but now I need to do something different - like the mig GB :yahoo: