• 9 years later...

So I am going to resurrect this thread for a minute to give an update.  Many local Hobby Stores have closed over the years due to extreme competition from the internet based sellers.  I last lived in the Norfolk area from 91-94.  There are several local hobby stores I used to frequent.  Sadly many are now gone.  However, I am glad to report that Denbigh Hobby Center in Newport News is still up and running under new management.  The new owner, Dan, is very nice and helpful.  The old Hungate's hobby stores are closed, but Hobbytown USA has replaced/bought them out.  They have a location on Virginia Beach Blvd in Virginia Beach and another location in Newport News, not far from Denbigh. They are complete Hobby stores with a good portion of the store dedicated to scale modelling.  Lastly, there is Eagle Hobbies run from a home in Suffolk. I will investigate tomorrow.  Lastly, there are many specialty stores catering the model train enthusiast in the greater Norfolk area.  Hven't checked them out as that is not my cup of tea, however, may prove useful for diorama supplies and tools / material.  R/ Dutch 

Edited by Dutch