Hey all!!! This is my first entry for this GB. Saw a feature on TV about this weapon system and was very impressed!! It showcased the mechanics and capabilities of a very potent system. Wish i could remember the network, might have been the History Channel. The kit is done by Revell Germany, and in 1/35 it is a large gun. Comparison below is with a 1/35 King Tiger tank, shows how large it is.

IMG_4489a.jpg

This build will probably be a little slow, i`m enjoying the summer weather now .

Don

Nice one, very impressive in reality, and a huge beast. Watch for the diesel soot on the left hand site where the exhaust is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR_9pcNT_Qs (last life fire shooting by GE ArtBn 405)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-nnUiMgE24...feature=related (Future Weapons)

Spend my time mostly on Marder 1A3 AIFV,

Tobias

Edited for links

Edited by 2.0_Alpha
Nice one, very impressive in reality, and a huge beast. Watch for the diesel soot on the left hand site where the exhaust is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR_9pcNT_Qs (last life fire shooting by GE ArtBn 405)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-nnUiMgE24...feature=related (Future Weapons)

Spend my time mostly on Marder 1A3 AIFV,

Tobias

Edited for links

Cool links!! Seems to be a lot of info on this SPG. Thanks Tobias. I`ve managed to do most of the build, just have to put the road wheels on after painting the lower hull. I usually fully assemble the kit before painting, i find the weathering looks evenly done when everything is weathered at the same time. I have the say, i`ve built a lot of Tamiya, Dragon, and Trumpeter kits and admired their fit, precision and sharpness of detail. This kit.... the detail is soft, fit is awkward, but the subject is unique and no one else does it. Plus it is probably 1/3 the cost of a Tamiya kit so it`s still a winner.

IMG_4493a.jpg

I`ll probably start to paint this week, then on to weathering.

Don

Hello all!! Today i managed to apply all color coats to the build. Next thing to do is to do some detail paint to the pioneer tools, lights and vision blocks. Then its on to weathering.

IMG_4494a.jpg

IMG_4495a.jpg

Don

Thanks, Moritz. I `m pretty much done with the build, something i find with armor is the build usually goes quickly for me. I build OOB with armor with nothing added. I painted this with Tamiya NATO colors, lightened with yellow or light grey. I find the weathering can darken colors too much. After the color coats went on, i gloss clear coated and added decals. I spot sealed the decals with future then did a wash of black/dark green. This was sealed with a clear flat coat that for some reason decided to go frosty on me :thumbsup::cheers: I decided to keep going and did a very light dusting with Tamiya XF-57 Buff overall with a heavier dusting on the tracks/roadwheels and lower hull. Finally i did an overall dusting with MiG Pigments European dust. I don`t like loading up my armor builds with mud, because i can`t for the life of me do mud and i think it hides detail.

IMG_4516a.jpg

IMG_4517a.jpg

IMG_4518a.jpg

IMG_4519a.jpg

IMG_4520a.jpg

IMG_4521a.jpg

IMG_4522a.jpg

IMG_4524a.jpg

IMG_4525a.jpg

Just noticed i forgot the rear view mirrors.

Don

I haven't seen a lot of these bad boys in pictures, so I wont be the best rivet (Bolt?) counter-- but i have seen a lot of that Nato three tone camo and you nailed it. absolutely nailed it. Excellent weathering and a great model. very well done!

Very nice.

What about the machine gun?

The machine gun was dumped. The details of this kit were very soft, the kit gun looked like a blob of plastic. I`m sure i have a spare in my armor parts bin, just have to find the box. Thanks for the feedback, guys.

Don