Hobbyboss Aardvark and Fin on the website this morning

TERs on an F-111? Jim Rotramel is going to have a heart attack.

Regards,

Murph

Didn't the old Monogram one have TERs? At least this one will have 4 pylons versus the pairs that were with the last 72nd ones I did (ESCI I think late 80's)

Full engines though....why?

Matt

TERs on an F-111? Jim Rotramel is going to have a heart attack.

Regards,

Murph

http://www.456fis.org/THE%20F111/f111_bomb.jpg

Wonder how much this kit is going to cost on the shelf??? I was surprised seeing the HB A-7A cost on the Squadron website a few days ago. Big A-7 fan here...but not at that cost for a 1/48 kit.

Cheers

ATIS

Edited by Collin

Remember to look to Hong Kong shops for the best prices. The A-7 is around $48 shipped, versus $65 (more or less) MSRP stateside before shipping and taxes. As much as I hate to mess with my local shops profit margin I cannot justify paying Squadrons and Stevens markups on these kits, especially when kits such as the Academy Strike Eagles are priced at just about equally with Asian houses + shipping versus North American LHS prices. Proves that somewhere someone is thinking globally.

Besides I spend enough at Hobbyland to offset a couple of mail order purchases per year from the Far East. And if I get lucky someone will have a markdown price in six months on todays newest kits. That is how I scored my two HB Hornets for under 50% MSRP from Squadron. Check the Squadron prices around March or April and see if the Corsairs are going for around $45 each...

Matt

Looking forward to this one!

It would be interesting to discuss pricing before Hobbyboss announces the MSRP. So without regard to prior releases, what would you be willing to pay for a good F-111? Me, I'd pay $60-70. Anything more than that and I'd have to rethink a purchase (or wait until it goes on sale somewhere sometime).

Looking forward to this one!

It would be interesting to discuss pricing before Hobbyboss announces the MSRP. So without regard to prior releases, what would you be willing to pay for a good F-111? Me, I'd pay $60-70. Anything more than that and I'd have to rethink a purchase (or wait until it goes on sale somewhere sometime).

Yeah, good question. If it comes with positionable flaps/slats (correctly done), full intake trunking, and nice well wheels it would be worth a pretty penny. But, as you said it all depends on MSRP. As Matt pointed out, the Hong Kong shops will have it for a fraction compared to the states, and shipping is pretty reasonable.

Mike

Maybe we will get some early GBU-15s finally with the F-111F that one knows is coming eventually. Those are impossible to find in plastic in 48th. The other weapon I am wondering if we will see is a Brimstone for the Tornado GR-4s (think Hellfires for high speed fixed wing platforms).

Over on Britmodeler it's been pointed out that the Tornado in the CADD is a mongerel version, F-3 Sidewinder rails, German ECM, and what appear to be ALARM missiles and a GR-4 FLIR somewhere.

Anyone take a closer look at the 'Vark to see if any hints to future versions are found there?

Matt

Looks like a -E model from UH for the main pic, pre-1980, no formation light strips added yet.

I will get one immediately sight un-seen, more if they do their homework and do not screw the pooch on the shapes. At the very least, should be enough parts to really do up the Academy Vark.

Please no rivets, maybe a few (Apex) fasteners on the fwd avionics bays.

My guess $75+ MSRP.

John