Hobbyboss Aardvark and Fin on the website this morning

So what is an NG? I might be missing the obvious, but It's late and I am loaded up with cold medicine so my brain might not be right.

I was referencing the Gripen 'New Gripen' [or Next Gen] colloquially shortened to Gripen NG or simple NG. The Ng occupies the E/F designations and has a number of avionics improvements. The biggest changes though are the installation of the F414, giving the NG greater than 1:1 T/W with full internal fuel and AAMs as well as supercruise with said configuration. the second major change is the bumping of the landign gear outboard to fairings on the underside wing roots to improve internal fuel and allow twin parallel centerline hardpoints [al'a J-35].

This is a suspend-all-1/32 projects kind of kit for me...

As long as HB get the airframe right, I could not give a hoot about old TER/MER racks vs BRUs. Hang four hammers under the wing pylons!

Agree the pic is of an F-111E - maybe there's both intake options?!?

thanks...not something I was aware of!

I was referencing the Gripen 'New Gripen' [or Next Gen] colloquially shortened to Gripen NG or simple NG. The Ng occupies the E/F designations and has a number of avionics improvements. The biggest changes though are the installation of the F414, giving the NG greater than 1:1 T/W with full internal fuel and AAMs as well as supercruise with said configuration. the second major change is the bumping of the landign gear outboard to fairings on the underside wing roots to improve internal fuel and allow twin parallel centerline hardpoints [al'a J-35].

Excellent!. I still have an Italeri Tornado, but I´ll surely get the Hobbyboss ADV F-3 and at least one GR-1....The F-111 also will be under my belt!, God, my wife will kill me!...

:pray:

This kit is gonna cost a pretty penny in the states. (In the $70 range? Let's hope not..)

And what's up with the nose section? They give you a full avionics bay for both sides of the nose?? Is this really a necessary detail? All it does is raise the price of the kit.

I wonder what the bomb bay will look like.

I also wonder what the wheel bays will look like. Anything better than the Monogram/Academy ones is a improvement.

I also wonder if they will give us the wing glove doors? (The doors that open down when the wing slats are down for take-off/landing) This is something they HAVE to include.

Also, do we need full engines? Again it just adds to the cost of the kit. I wonder if they will include engine stands for display? To put highly detailed engines in the fuselage is a shame when no one can see them.

Flaps, Slats? They do these separately on other kits, maybe they are separate on this one.

I guess we can assume that the intakes area on the fuselage is designed to accommodate all the different intakes the F-111 had.

I assume that with the engines we also will get full intake trunks?

Can we also assume that the molds are set up for a EF-111?

Is it me or does the cockpit not have a throttle and the seats not have belts? Does it also have sticks for BOTH pilots?? (Looking at the CADD drawings)

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

So the whole griping about it being an F-111F is based on the photo and not (as of yet) the CADD? I was trying to figure out how that was shown on The CADD not showing any inlets.

Notice it looks like we'll get a bomb bay on the 'Vark. Maybe someplace good to add weight when we end up with a tailsitter once the fuselage is closed up.

I did also notice the Torando has two new CADD pics. The first two are now whole aircraft pics front and back and some of the 'oddball' aspects of the pic I mentioned yesterday are not there (dual 'Winders ala an F-3)

It'll probably be late next month before the 'proper' box art and decals are known.

Any pics of test shots on Sonicmodel...anyone?

Matt

I don't see I see somewhat looks like undersized Hindenburger tanks for Gr. Tornado... Tank's fins position looks odd. :thumbsup: Hope they would be turned correctly on actual plastic kit.

Edited by Teeradej
I don't see I see somewhat looks like undersized Hindenburger tanks for Gr. Tornado... Tank's fins position looks odd. :worship: Hope they would be turned correctly on actual plastic kit.

External fuel tanks for the F-111A were very rarely used. I spent three years working on the -A model and can't recall ever seeing a drop tank mounted during that time. They should just leave the tanks off, and spend the money on slat/flaps, the weapons bay, or intakes.

TERs on an F-111? Jim Rotramel is going to have a heart attack.

Regards,

Murph

There are apparently a couple of threads on this subject--I posted to the other one, but this seems to be the one that has survived. That they've included TERs doesn't fill me with confidence, but we shall see what comes out of the box. As noted, their web page advertises an F-111A, but the photo is of an F-111E. Let's hope they can tell the difference between the Triple Plow I & II inlets. In any event, its good to see the old gal getting a little love.