Hi guys, here's my first entry started Dragons 7/1 flak, chassis built up that single main frame makes a world of difference to the Trump 7..

100_0111_3-1.jpg

built & with road wheels/running gear fitted, sprayed with Tamiya enamels XF-63 & tyres NATO black..

100_0116_2-2.jpg

winch built with AM cable added..

100_0119-1.jpg

& fitted to the chassis..

100_0120-2.jpg

engine built looks good to me, although some reviews have criticised it..

100_0113_r1.jpg

just to give an idea between this one & the Trumpeter 7 dragon take 7 stage's trump take 16 + a fair few sub assemblies to get this far.

Andy.

Hi, engine mounted on chassis painted X-18 & XF-9 for the primer front rad & fender on..

100_0121-2.jpg

100_0122-2.jpg

tracks made up they re the working type so no worries about glue setting times

100_0123-2.jpg

100_0124-3.jpg

gun platform underside with spare tyre

100_0125-3.jpg

mounted on the chassis..

100_0126-1.jpg

here's the head on between Dragon & Trumpeter's 7's..

100_0127_2.jpg

Andy.

Hi guys, got the upper body/gun platform fitted along with the bonnet & side panels that's another nice Maybach gone forever :).. tracks on painted gun metal (Tamiya) & RLM 66 for the pads.

100_0128-2.jpg

100_0130-2.jpg

wire mesh PE

100_0132-3.jpg

dry fitted to the platform

100_0131-2.jpg

this is building up fast for the parts count with no fit probs at all ( now that's tempting fate)

Andy.

Is this the truck they drove away with at the end of "Dirty Dozen"?

Hi Mark, this is the one you're thinking of a standard 7 prime mover it's the Trumpeter kit (stalled)..

100_0225.jpg

Andy.

Hi guys, I waiting for the upper hull to dry so I've started the flak body..

100_0136-1.jpg100_0137-1.jpg

I've replaced the kits barrels with ones from RBL these have nice perforated flash suppressors this is one of the area's that Dragon have skimped on..

100_0134-2.jpg

100_0135-2.jpg

first coat of XF-63 dry so I've fitted the hull sides/tailgate & started to add some tarps..

100_0138-1.jpg

Andy.

I've replaced the kits barrels with ones from RBL these have nice perforated flash suppressors this is one of the area's that Dragon have skimped on..

Andy.

Hi Andy,

Good job on this. :woot.gif: I have the same kit in the stash. I'm not really an armour guy, I never heard of RBL, could you let me know where did you get the RBL barrels?

Thank you

S.

Hi guys, gun shield fitted & guns mounted just added some silver chips..

100_0142.jpg

100_0143-1.jpg

body finished just got to add the windscreen & pioneer tools..

100_0144.jpg

Andy.

Hey Andy, looking good there, nice clean build, just one small bit of advise, the silver is a bit to much, I always use a soft pencil ie, hb or some model master rubber colored paint, still looks worn but not so bright, Sorry just my pennies worth.

Here is a great example of wear, not mine though.

dsc023209ce.jpg

Andy,

That is looking great! I love the turned barrels and muzzels. Does the kit include that cool gunsite or is that p/e too?

*Edit I just checked on those Flak 38 barrels. They only come 1 to a pack, you have to by 4 packs? :thumbsup:

At 10.99 each I think I'll have to pass on those.

Edited by indydog
Andy,

That is looking great! I love the turned barrels and muzzels. Does the kit include that cool gunsite or is that p/e too?

*Edit I just checked on those Flak 38 barrels. They only come 1 to a pack, you have to by 4 packs? :woot.gif:

At 10.99 each I think I'll have to pass on those.

Thanks guys,

Mark have a look at Lou Stener's site the barrels are £ 3.00 each he also stocks the Armourscale spent ammo & Hauler ammo box's these two are a must if you're doing a combat ready 7/1 he dose ship overseas.

Graemeb, thanks for the tips the pics show the silver a lot more prominent then it really is, just started to weathering now with a first coat of MiG filters.

Andy.

Hi guys, here's my first finish build Dragons 7/1 Flakvierling 38 weathered with MiG European mud over all & Tamiya weathering sets. Added spent shells from Armourscale , ammo box's from Hauler & perforated barrels from RB....

100_0150.jpg

100_0152-2.jpg

100_0154-2.jpg

100_0153.jpg

100_0155-2.jpg

100_0151.jpg

Thanks Andy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...