Built it, and while the fit is good not so hot on accuracy. People have said the shape is off but IMO it looks pretty damn good. Also, cockpit's total crap (esp. the ejection seat; looks like a recliner). Go for the standard one with the Luftwaffe bird on the box as the Ukraine version comes with really thick-finned missiles.

That aside, it's leagues ahead of the Monogram kit, so it is your only option. But it's a good option. Usual assortment of cockpits available, but there's also wheel well sets too. Neomega even made a 9-13 (humpback spine) conversion but that's long OOP and hard to find.

Not a bad kit, but needs some money thrown at it!, here's mine with Aires Pit and wheel wells (the wheel wells are a real PITA to fit) and a Quickboost nose cone (a MUST!) :

Mig-29060.jpg

Mig-29052.jpg

Mig-29062.jpg

I probably won't build another though! Come on Hasegawa, pull your fingers out! (having said that, if hasegawa made a 1/48 Mig-29 it would probably cost the same as the Academy and all the AM!).

Chris

Thanks for the comments.

The cockpit was a bit... Spartin.. I also seem to recall some nasty seams around the nose ares and the LEX areas. A bit of sanding and all was good.

I gave it to a buddy at work after he kept looking at it in my shop. I'm sure it's in 75 pieces by now...lol I had it sitting next to an F-15C. The F-15 was quite a bit larger. I also gave the F-15C away...lol

Curt