Advice for the contest room

The good news about the contest room at the IPMS Nats is that there are hundreds of outstanding models. The bad news is, only a handful of them will go home with awards.

As you spend time in the contest room, I'd like to encourage you be proactive and generous in complimenting other modelers on their work. You may be at a table when the owner of one of the models is nearby, and as many of you can attest, it means a lot when someone tells you that your model looks good. Treat the face-to-face experience as you do here on the 'net. Offer something positive to the modeler.

And you never know when you might make a new friend from the exchange!

Steve

What I've learned over the years, is just go, put your models on the table. Have fun, admire everyone elses work, not take things too serious. Drop some coin in the vendors room.This is my 7th nats, and I really look forward to it.

mandie

One thing I would suggest is don't be critical of other peoples work, you never know who might be listening. Most people build for fun and I believe everyone always trys their best to build a good looking model.

Be kind rewind.

Good advice. While this will be my first Nats, I've entered in many contests over the past 30 years. One of the things I enjoy most is when someone connects me with one of my models (usually when I'm placing it on the table, removing a stray cat hair, etc.) and asks me how I did some particular thing or another. I love to share what I've learned over the years with others. After all, that is how I learned!

Eric