F-16XL single and twin seater wing drawings

Just gave myself this birthday both single and twin seater 1/48 Attic F-16 XL conversions and now would like to add detail to those wings.

Any of you guys know a source for good scale drawings with engravings and rivet representation?

Just gave myself this birthday both single and twin seater 1/48 Attic F-16 XL conversions and now would like to add detail to those wings.

Any of you guys know a source for good scale drawings with engravings and rivet representation?

Man, go see a shrink or something. How bad do you hate yourself to give yourself those kits for your birthday?

( :pray: )

Man, go see a shrink or something. How bad do you hate yourself to give yourself those kits for your birthday?

( :salute: )

:pray: :blink: :explode: I love (but honestly, I really do love) challenging stuff! I was expecting some "cave age" modelling even before I wired my money

Now I need to find some rivet plans? I just added over 20.000 to a Pac Coast TA-152H0 recently (and went nuts doing it) so probably there will be less to do this time :explode:

Sadly, adding detail to the Attic XL wings is like putting lipstick on a pig. The wings are completely incorrect in just about every single shape, angle, proportion, and dimension. And then there's the rest of the kit.....

I will make you a 100% iron-clad guarantee that "rivet plans" of the XL don't exist. At least not in any form you're going to get your hands on.

J

Edited by Jennings
Sadly, adding detail to the Attic XL wings is like putting lipstick on a pig. The wings are completely incorrect in just about every single shape, angle, proportion, and dimension. And then there's the rest of the kit.....

I will make you a 100% iron-clad guarantee that "rivet plans" of the XL don't exist. At least not in any form you're going to get your hands on.

J

Plus IIRC the wings were composite, like the F-2 wings, so there's not much detail to start off with.

Plus IIRC the wings were composite, like the F-2 wings, so there's not much detail to start off with.

Those are excellent news! After all the only detail Attic wings have are some trenches near the wing root and and at the movable surfaces.

Hey J - their shape compares quite good to the published drawings I have.

I don't know if these will be of any help or not.

JED

I am amazed! This is an awesome help, JED!!! Many thanks! :thumbsup: ;) :cheers:

In fact I am so amazed that I'm going to my bench right now start chopping and photographing the Attic kits! THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok!

I placed fuselage halves one on top of the other just too see how things fit (well - "fit" shoud be the verb :salute: )

The twin seater from the back (yes, the turbine ring is flatenned in both parts and it is shortenned in the upper part. It is not misplaced in the photograph):

f_16XL_2S_1.JPG

And the single seater from the front:

f_16XL_1S_1.JPG

They both seam for now a couple of new variants of the Star Wars X Fighters :)

Well - time to clean these kits! :)

f_16XL_2S_2.JPG

f_16XL_2S_3.JPG

You can't never have enough Falcon kits - In the work is the fun :)

That looks F...... AWFUL !!! How much did you pay for this?

Incredibly cheap! At least I think so!

I paid just $20 for the single seater and $25 for the double seater, plus shipping here to Europe. With the dolar/euro at around 1,40, you see how nice priced they are :jaw-dropping:

Guys this is getting back to the old cave days! I remember when these resin conversions started to appear, in aircraft, armour, cars, … that we really needed to clean and unwrap all resin parts. I'm back in time when I was around 18-20 (I'm 42 now, time passes so fast!)

To be frankly, I am not scared neither disapointed because I was expecting something like this! One thing I know – if these were flawless castings I would had paid well over $50 for each one of them!

I need to plan both builds carefully! What seats, what bumps and humps, what wheels, … you know the story! And also I want to see if I can use donor kits, namelly the recommended Tamiya Thunderbird and the Kinetic DG without loosing the capability of having after assembly all the parts needed to build … another F-16! Perhaps the Tamiya new Aggressors will become a better choice. I have two of them and they supply parts to make a zillion falcons! Light gear legs and NSI's here and still many parts left over to do a MCID late aggressor.

( And BTW - I need to finish all the other F-16's that are in my bench now :o )

I paid just $20 for the single seater and $25 for the double seater, plus shipping here to Europe. With the dolar/euro at around 1,40, you see how nice priced they are :jaw-dropping:

I would not have payed two yen, or got those for free if i had the chance. Frankly, this is not "challenging". It is just self torture.

Deleted! Quite honestly I would rather scratch the wings out of styrene myself than dal with that god-awful crap!

Stop trying to curse..you're not good at it...new, radical variations of the F-word and other words really don't help either...

Anyway, perhaps not all is lost for you on the F-16XL conversion..you might be able to chop apart the resin parts and use certain critical sections on your build. Idk how much the F-16XL fuselage varies from the regular F-16B/D..but you might just be chopping, re...shaping?, and regluing wings and other major parts.

Just my 2 cents.

Good Luck! :jaw-dropping:

-Awan

I would not have payed two yen, or got those for free if i had the chance. Frankly, this is not "challenging". It is just self torture.

Haha! Word!

If you manage to do a descent build i will respect your skills for a long time! that´s for sure!

Hey guys - with full honnesty the single issue that concerns me is the lack of the forward AMRAAM channel nearby the leading edge wing root. And, may I say that it concerns me because I don't have good cross sections of the bottom wing root. :jaw-dropping:

Forgive the messy shots but just to show how I like challenges, last year I made this Falcon:

F16AM_75_.JPG

Out of this kit:

F16AM_15.JPG

F16AM_8.JPG

F16AM_19.jpg

Well currently I have a total of 4 (yes FOUR) Tamiya falcons at the bench. They are incredibly better! :o And, please excuse me some lack of modesty their components are turning out quite good.

But believe me or not ... I like challenging kits! ;)

Hey guys - while finding references I came across this image grat image:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA---Air/G...XL-2/1445630/L/

May I ask - why is there a GE logo in the engine cover? All my images show the double seater F-16 with the standard PW engine, and that also looks to be the small NSI intake :huh:

Any hints please?

THANKS!

Hey guys - while finding references I came across this image grat image:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA---Air/G...XL-2/1445630/L/

May I ask - why is there a GE logo in the engine cover? All my images show the double seater F-16 with the standard PW engine, and that also looks to be the small NSI intake :huh:

Any hints please?

THANKS!

Apparently one XL was modded for 'laminar airflow testing' and the pics show a GE engine fitted.

[from peacock's link]

Edited by sv51macross