Pretty much finished now. Might paint the wing nav lights if i get keen. Had the issue i'd had with other M'box decals where the glue sticks in clumps to the decal. To fix this you have to separate the decal from the backing paper in a saucer of warm water, then use a soft brush to wash all the glue residue off both sides of the decal. Can be a bit tricky with decals folding/curling etc but if you take it slow and slide the decal back onto the clean backing paper, then apply to the model, suprisingly it still beds down well.

Quite like another bright coloured a/c in my cabinet - i'm going off drab camo planes :D

Finish0005.jpg

Edited by Thommo
Excellant work there M8, came out really good, considering all the little issues you Had with it :D

Now for the Rugby tomorrow, sorry M8 :crying2:

Oh no - don't tell me we're up for another belting :o

At least our daughter will be happy - I assume James O'Connor is playing :(

Excellent work Thommo.

I just have to fix my Chaffee to its dio base and all done for me as well. I am now eyeing off another Matchbox kit myself

Cheers

Johno

Edited by madmike
Excellent work Thommo.

I just have to fix my Chaffee to its dio base and all done for me as well. I am now eyeing off another Matchbox kit myself

Cheers

Johno

cheers mate

Think that'll do me for a while

Very nice looking Norseman! A Bit of History: You mentioned that you had the decals for the Saskatchewan Government aircraft, well we salvaged CF-SAM from a Yank that was trying to fly her out of country in 1974 and refinished t5he machine in the original Air Ambulance markings. The aircraft now resides in the Western Development Museum in Moose Jaw, Sask.

Whiskeyjack Decals did a set of markings for SAM and SAN in 1:48 scale which is in my stash but alas the only kit of this scale is a POC.

Barney

PS: It is said that the only reason that a Norseman on floats, at GTOW, is able to get airbourne is because of the curvature of the earth

PS: It is said that the only reason that a Norseman on floats, at GTOW, is able to get airbourne is because of the curvature of the earth

:worship::worship::worship:

also, it looks awful on wheels or skis, so i went for the floats

actually, on wheels it looks like it would be a taxi - looks like no chance of getting airborne

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Thommo: the model looks good...only one comment...the ailerons are both drooped like the flaps. The Norseman ailerons were seperate from the flaps and unlike the Beaver, they did not drop with the flaps.

Barney

too techincal for me Barney - the girls in my house will never know though :bandhead2: