C141A Starlifter

I am trying to find scale plans for the C141A Starlifter preferably 1/72 scale and some colour paint schemes that show the aircraft, as I am building the Anigram C141A and would like to build it as the Hanio Taxi white and grey scheme.

I am trying to find scale plans for the C141A Starlifter preferably 1/72 scale and some colour paint schemes that show the aircraft, as I am building the Anigram C141A and would like to build it as the Hanio Taxi white and grey scheme.

What color schemes are you looking for? The C-141 only ever wore natural metal, white over light grey, Euro I, and overall AMC Gray. Not a lot of choices. There was a one-off quasi desert scheme, but it didn't last long.

The only 1/72 plans of the 141 I've ever seen were in the Nova vacuform kit from the 1970s.

J

What color schemes are you looking for? The C-141 only ever wore natural metal, white over light grey, Euro I, and overall AMC Gray. Not a lot of choices. There was a one-off quasi desert scheme, but it didn't last long.

The only 1/72 plans of the 141 I've ever seen were in the Nova vacuform kit from the 1970s.

J

I would like to build it in the white and grey but I have one photo of a C141A in European Camo which i would prefer to do, so if you have any pictures of the C141A in that scheme I would be more than happy plus any detailed pictures of the landing gear

I would like to build it in the white and grey but I have one photo of a C141A in European Camo which i would prefer to do, so if you have any pictures of the C141A in that scheme I would be more than happy plus any detailed pictures of the landing gear

There was an official camouflage pattern for the A, but weren't they all converted to Bs before Europe 1 came into vogue? Anyway, here are the official Euro 1 camo patterns:

http://www.geocities.com/yamahaxv920rh/TOfiles/c141.gif

http://www.geocities.com/yamahaxv920rh/TOfiles/c141b.gif

The USAF SIG has the 1978 and two 1990s versions of T.O. 1-1-4 for download. The '78 version will have all you need for the grey/white colors & markings, including dimentions for the national insignia, etc.

Prime Portal has several walk arounds of the C-141: http://www.primeportal.net/the_airstrip.htm

HTH.

Ben

Edited by Ben Brown

I was an old MAC guy (C-5) and the only "A" model 141 I ever saw that was not bare metal or gray over white was a McChord 141 that was ghost gray. I did see a few that were stretched to the "B" that had euro 1 plugs...looked kinda weird. Hanoi Taxi 66-0177 was grey over white with the blue MAC tail band. I think it was a 63rd MAW airplane from Norton AFB.

One more in the mid seventies had the early two tone light green (?) A-10 scheme. Another has a bicentennial trim on the tail.

Best wishes,

Grant

Try this link and look at sheet 72-017. Wolfpak does decals for one of the schemes you're looking for I think. Here's a better pic in this thread.

Edited by Dez
Any one want pics of that NASA 141? They moved it over to the guard side so I can walk right up to it. I think the museum will be referbing it some here in the near future.

Curt

Curt,

A walkaround would be very nice,if you can.

Let's say-anything would be nice.Please make big pictures.

Isaac

Any one want pics of that NASA 141? They moved it over to the guard side so I can walk right up to it. I think the museum will be referbing it some here in the near future.

Curt

Although I am not doing the NASA C141A I would like some photos of the interior wheel bays and undercarriage front and rear, so I can add some more detail to the model

Although I am not doing the NASA C141A I would like some photos of the interior wheel bays and undercarriage front and rear, so I can add some more detail to the model

Wheel well & gear door shots would be great! I need to mill out some wells on a 1/144 Scot Doepker resin kit I have.

Ben

Curt

I'd be interested in pictures of the NASA one. A good friend of mine used to do research using the infrared telescope on it, and I would like to convert one of the kits I have to it. Any pictures of the modifications for the telescope opening would be great. Also shots of the markings would be great too, since I'll probably need to make my own decals for it as well.

Thanks,

Bruce

Edited by Bruce Roberts

Just so you know, I've tried to get those kinds of shots, and unless the a/c is up on jacks or something, it's nigh impossible to get down under there to take pictures. The 141 sits very low to the ground. You'd almost have to be a dwarf to get in there.

J

Just so you know, I've tried to get those kinds of shots, and unless the a/c is up on jacks or something, it's nigh impossible to get down under there to take pictures. The 141 sits very low to the ground. You'd almost have to be a dwarf to get in there.

J

7dwarfs.jpg

Photographers are standing by! :rolleyes:

:D, I was wondering if someone would put up pics of the NASA -141. This aircraft spent a night and day at Richmond in the early 70s while I was posted there and I got to walk through and around it. Unfortuanately I didn't have a camera then, but the work it did sounded very interesting. Thank you for that pic up ReiReio.

:worship:,

Ross.

Edited by ross blackford