MAKS pictures and links, post them here.

I just heard that Russian Knights are planning to perform on tomorrows last day of MAKS 2009 for a commemoration of Col. Tkachenko... damn, I wish I had stayed longer in Moscow

I'm glad they are, its tragic but you honor him by saddling up again. Wish i could have seen the show!

Thanks for te links, Berkut! ;)

Holy Balalaika is putting it mildly, I guess. :woot.gif: Some Flanker driver will need new underwear after that stunt, methinks.

Edited by ChernayaAkula
Yes, that's why I said "huh"! :wacko:

I just was wondering if the Su-27 caught a crosswind there ... looks like it might have ...

Either that or he wasn't quite paying attention ... :wub:

Gregg

That looked more like the Su-35 prototype (bort 901) to me. And yeah, it seems that crosswind may have played up there. I would not be terribly surprised if he scraped paint off that right tailplane, or at least cut some grass in the process.

i don't think that was crosswind. there was some wind, but not too much. he did the same type of showoff touchdown each day, just went a bit too far this time :thumbsup:

I just heard that Russian Knights are planning to perform on tomorrows last day of MAKS 2009 for a commemoration of Col. Tkachenko... damn, I wish I had stayed longer in Moscow

Just back from MAKS - very disappointing show - both weatherwise and lack of participants in the static and flying.

When the French Rafale puts on a better flying display than the Su-35, it's time to call it a day...... :thumbsup:

As soon as I get my pics sorted, I'll post some here, but I can confirm that the Russian Knights put up a simple four-ship display on Sunday afternoon.

They received a rapturous applause from the crowd.

Ken - tired, but happy.

Just back from MAKS - very disappointing show - both weatherwise and lack of participants in the static and flying.

When the French Rafale puts on a better flying display than the Su-35, it's time to call it a day...... :thumbsup:

As soon as I get my pics sorted, I'll post some here, but I can confirm that the Russian Knights put up a simple four-ship display on Sunday afternoon.

They received a rapturous applause from the crowd.

Ken - tired, but happy.

Yes Ken,that is what I am looking for , please post many photos/pics from a MAKS !!

Sad to hear about disappointing Su-35 flying display on MAKS2009.........

I disagree with Ken on all counts. To my taste, the weather was perfect. Only due to cold weather I was able to stay on the field for 12 hours at a time day after day and returning back to Moscow and partying all night with the Slovenian mafia on Arbat. When the temp is reaching mid to high 30s C, with humidity of over 9000 % and relentless sun, such feats would be impossible. I heeded the weather forecasts and brought appropriate clothing with me, and thus was comfortable and dry every day of the MAKS.

As far as Rafale vs Su-35... I'm sorry, but when Rafale cuts his routine in half during engine failure (19th), he is disqualified from competing with Su-35 that showed very energetic (although not TVC driven) performance every day. I'm not even going to bring up Patrouille de France that chickened out on the 19th and flew a whole of 3 (three) planes in "tight formation" of about a mile in between for no apparent reason. Although they have redeemed themselves the following day...

For me, this MAKS is the best MAKS yet (i've been to 3 so far- 05, 07 and 09). Due to weather I was able to see everything and still have fun while doing it.

Edited by Zmey Smirnoff