Referbished two seat AV-8 rejoins the fleet.

I think -231 has only the one jet in that scheme, I'll have to compare BuNo's of the shots I have to the one you linked. I also haven't seen any Yuma Harriers in that scheme only Cherry Point birds..........

Edit: BuNo 163879 is the only -231 Bird I've seen in that scheme. Maybe it's experimental like the "shiny" MV-22 scheme that we've seen.

Check out about halfway down the page: Here

Edited by andyman_1970
I think -231 has only the one jet in that scheme, I'll have to compare BuNo's of the shots I have to the one you linked. I also haven't seen any Yuma Harriers in that scheme only Cherry Point birds..........

Edit: BuNo 163879 is the only -231 Bird I've seen in that scheme. Maybe it's experimental like the "shiny" MV-22 scheme that we've seen.

Check out about halfway down the page: Here

Boy that is a great thread thanks! That scheme looks pretty good, I love when the markings are lighter than the overall scheme, the Canadian AF does that a lot and it always looks sharp IMHO. May be interesting to note that it is a Night Attack bird in that scheme... don't know if that has anything to do with it just an observation.

Ok after several hours of research I stand corrected. From what I've found (subject to change) here are the Harriers in the "new" scheme:

VMA-231 / CG-20 / BuNo 163879 / AV-8B NA

VMA-223 / WP-08 / BuNo 165488 / AV-8B +

VMAT-203 noted in OP

VMA-214 / WE-27 / BuNo 164134 / AV-8B NA

Edited by andyman_1970
16 years in storage. Thats getting your money out of AMARC right there.

Yeah,

they must be doing it right, 16 years is a long time for something to sit. It is about the perfect environment for it though.

Julien

• 2 months later...