WHOAAA, Who is making that 350th LHA? I don't think MRC makes much of anything of their own and I looked on their website and saw nothing. I used to ride one and have been waiting for YEARS. So, please do tell.

Well, I'm back from the Nat's and all I have to say is WOW. The quality of builds entered this year was incredible. The guy that did the VFA-131 F-18C- yeah, I talked to him while he was re-gluing a part that came off thanks to someones camera smacking it- that was his FIRST ever build. No kidding. Straight from his mouth. I'm guessing the big lighted 1/32 F-15 was John Vojitec (sp?). It was flawless except for one thing- the lights for port and starboard are red and green, not red and blue. None the less, I think I had to wipe down his display glass after I was done checking it out. Truly amazing and very, very, well done. I got to meet Cyrus Tan and shook the man's hand. I really enjoy his builds and his KFIR was flawless. Incredibly flawless. He said his A-10 is ready for paint. Can't wait to see that one!

My last Nats was Atlanta in '05. I truly enjoy the entire experience. I will certainly be entering something next year- it's hugely motivational once you see all the talent on display.

Edited by afterburner

I have a bunch of photos I'll have to upload here soon. Most of them are 1/72 scale aircraft, though, because I'm slightly biased toward them.

I think my favorite were the scratchbuilt airships, both the German Zeppelin and (especially) the vertical USS Los Angeles. Gave me an itch to try my hand at my own... in "my" scale, of course..... :thumbsup:

Hey,

thanks for the pics from the NATS!! Do you have more pics about the 1/32 Trumpeter F-14 Tomcat and F-18 Super Hornet (detail shots)?

regards

Stephan

Sorry, all I took. Not my genre so I wasn't too concerned. It looks nice.

WHOAAA, Who is making that 350th LHA? I don't think MRC makes much of anything of their own and I looked on their website and saw nothing. I used to ride one and have been waiting for YEARS. So, please do tell.

As you see in the pic, it is in front of the MRC stand. I didn't talk to them, but my buddy knew about it.

I have a bunch of photos I'll have to upload here soon. Most of them are 1/72 scale aircraft, though, because I'm slightly biased toward them.

Didn't realize you were there..sorry we didn't meet!

SN

Yeah, I went Friday, but I was only there for a few hours. It was a four-hour drive for me both ways, and I didn't spend much time in the vendor areas because I have no money! (Didn't stop me from walking away with a Frog Avro Shackleton and Airfix He 177 @ 10 bucks each, though!)

I got in a lil after 3 today and it was an amazing time!

I didn't get to meet any ARC'ers that I know of, said hi and talked a lotta folks though. Especially out at the museum on Friday waiting for the behind the scenese tour to start.

PS-Anyone know what was behind the black curtain on that tour we couldn't photograph?

The models at the show were ALL Amazing! I felt totally inadequete as a modeler but more determined to get better. Scored some great deals on on the vendor floor, I think Rare-Plane took most of my moolah followed by Dean and a the fella with the long table of just boxes of Resin and PE detail parts for everything under the sun.

Hi all !! i'm back too from the nats.....

Afterburner, you talked to me, i'm the guy who build the VFA131 Hornet...surely my english; but would like to say it that such " open" build was my first try.....unfortunately it was not at the taste of the judge.

my last Nats was in 2002 in Virginia Beach, so i was very excited to be back......was there with two friends of my model club, so there was 3 Belgian guys walking through the Contest/vendor area........

that was a great show, saw plenty of great models there, very inspirational for me !

here are the first batch of pics......

the Kfir that was in my category, 1/32 scale Transformation; where i put my A4M .......a real beaty when knowing the sarter kit.....

p1020010.jpg

also like this F4 in the 1/32 scale....

p1020011.jpg

John's F15C......incredible détails.....unfortunately under a plexiglass...bad for the camera....

p1020012.jpg

An Adversary F14....1/32 scale.....wonderfull scheme !

p1020013.jpg

and here; in my opinion ; at 1/32 scale; The Model......incredibly detailed....have to look carefully all around.......a great job !!

p1020014.jpg

p1020015.jpg

p1020016.jpg

p1020017.jpg

next round of pics coming soon....

forget to show the group.....after our last breakfeast, just before the big journey back to belgium....

p1020510.jpg

my comments after this Nats; i think the guys there made a great job,did'nt have to wait too much as we where "pre-registrated"; they where really great with us, answering at all our questions....some surely stupids but never easy in an other language..... unfortunately the Contest room was not well " lighted".....and i think that all of those great models needed some more space, most of the tables looks like a crowdy aircraftcarrier......but so you'll missed lots of details !

in the vendor room, was great to talk with lots of guys; buut as some said here....i was surpise not to see some retailers....as Squadron.....present but not selling anything ? was looking for old stuffs, as old Black Box pits.....CAM.......what can i say about this little tamiya stand.......Trumpeter was there showing news....but nothing to sell......AIRES...Quickboost......was really thinking that everybody was there.....but no...why ?

so i'm "just" back with decals/books and the F16Sufa conversion at 1/32 from Isra.......

Pat

Edited by foxtwo

yeah....a great time....next time i'll come a bit earlier in the show, not enough time to visit completely the show/ the AF museum and the mall for the wife's presents.... :D

hopefully we have this breakfast, it was a long journey....and the 3hr and a half waiting in the 777 under the sun....before a 7 hours flight back to Belgium....achieve me.....we where waiting passengers who where late in their connections flight and then waiting a new flight plan cause the weather was too bad......man , more than 250 passengers blocked inside without airconditionning....under the sun hopefully going down.....not talking about how it smell there.....was great !

now.....back to the workbench ......

send your pics soon as possible

have a great day

Pat

Hey Pat, it was a pleasure talking with you. Your F-18C was JAW-DROPPING. Thanks for taking the time to show it to me even though you were making repairs. Actually I think you said it was travel repairs and not that someone smacked it with a camera. I actually saw that happen to another model and it was a sad, sad thing to watch. Thanks for coming across the 'pond' and showing off your talent!