Graeme,

This will be OOB, The aftermarket set I believe contain the wider tyres and hubs required for the ASLAV (Australian version). I have the ASLAV boxing as well (funny that! :D). Though the hubs supplied in the update set (and the ASLAV kit) are not correct for Australian LAVs, there are aftermarket corrected hubs available here in Oz, from here in Canberra actually (and yes I have the corrected hubs as well).

If I have time I might break out the ASLAV and have a crack at it.

:cheers:

Last night I finished assembly, had my first attempt at applying etch to an armour kit. This kit has come along quickly, I have got it this far in only 3 sessions over about 3 weeks (about 12 hours all up). Next it is off to the paint booth. More pictures to follow.

LAVATReadyforpaint1.jpg

LAVATReadyforpaint2.jpg

LAVATReadyforpaint3.jpg

LAVATReadyforpaint4.jpg

:D

At last pix and looking very good there Ray, almost done.

Thanks Graeme, on the home stretch now.

Looking good. Any issues with the kit? Looks to be lots of common parts as I have the AD to build at some point.

Hey Tank,

I have not come across any issues. It goes together rather quickly. Though I do need some etch folding practice. I gave up and went with the standard jerry cans and mounts rather than making up the etch mounts. Maybe on the next LAV I will have a crack at them.

Hey Tank,

I have not come across any issues. It goes together rather quickly. Though I do need some etch folding practice. I gave up and went with the standard jerry cans and mounts rather than making up the etch mounts. Maybe on the next LAV I will have a crack at them.

Well the good news is PVT Pyle beat them to hell also, so unless it is completely crazy it is possible.

Thanks Andrew,

I have a few armour kits, a nice distraction from the winged things and working my courage up to do my ASLAV, Centurian and M1A1 AIM(SA).

Got final assembly done and now just have to add decals and weather it. Not too happy with 'view port' painting and might go back and try and fix that up.

LAVATPaintCompleteSM1.jpg

LAVATPaintCompleteSM3.jpg

LAVATPaintCompleteSM4.jpg

LAVATPaintCompleteSM5.jpg

:yahoo:

Looking Good Ray, now for a bit of dirt and it will look the business, Nice one , keep going.

Edit:

What you can do for your glass work is paint the surface silver and then over paint it with clear green or clear blue, adding as many coats as you feel is right, you could do the same with smoke as well. Hope this helps.

Edited by Graemeb
  • 2 weeks later...

All done, I tried the Tamiya powders on it. Flat coat, etc. Some decals silvered. I didn't worry about changing the colour of the view ports this time. I have a few more LAVs to build so next time!.

The flash makes the powders look a bit overdone (my opinion! :D)

Anyway onto the pictures...

LAVATUSMCSM01.jpg

LAVATUSMCSM02.jpg

LAVATUSMCSM03.jpg

LAVATUSMCSM04.jpg

LAVATUSMCSM05.jpg

LAVATUSMCSM07.jpg

LAVATUSMCSM06.jpg

Edited by Trojan Thunder