Thanks guys.

Moritz, I appreciate the comment, we need a little more humor in life.

A small update from the land of resin dust!

DSC01983.jpg

DSC01984.jpg

DSC01989.jpg

Time to get out the cutting tools, but first a safety warning from Sparky! :thumbsup:

DSC01364copy.jpg

Silly cat.

DSC01992.jpg

DSC01993.jpg

DSC01994.jpg

DSC01995-1.jpg

OK guys, I know what Tamiya calls for regarding the cockpit color, but their color does not seem to match up well with my reference book. ( That is a run-on sentence and my wife would kill me!)

I could really use some help with the office colors. Now it's Johnnie Walker time!

TIA,

Rocky

Excellent, excellent! I highly approve, Rocky! My bud and former neighbor flew F-4's for the Marines- U-Rah! What a great mass of goodies you've collected- lots and LOTS of fun ahead for you. The fact that it's so well-cast and well-detailed will make the painting a lot easier than you think- it's the soft and muddly stuff that's a bear. And no worries about that Cintiq- it's plug 'n' play all the way- you'll love it. Drawing with a pen beat drawing with a bar of soap any day. :cheers: Plus, it's a 1200x1600 pixel high-def monitor- fear no big pics!

Carry on, Bold Seeker!

I'm following this very closely--this exact subject will be one of my next builds! Chico rules! :yahoo:

Good luck with the build, it looks like you are off to a good start and you certainly have all the goodies.

Marcel

Thanks Marcel and more goodies are on the way!

Excellent, excellent! I highly approve, Rocky! My bud and former neighbor flew F-4's for the Marines- U-Rah! What a great mass of goodies you've collected- lots and LOTS of fun ahead for you. The fact that it's so well-cast and well-detailed will make the painting a lot easier than you think- it's the soft and muddly stuff that's a bear. And no worries about that Cintiq- it's plug 'n' play all the way- you'll love it. Drawing with a pen beat drawing with a bar of soap any day. :D Plus, it's a 1200x1600 pixel high-def monitor- fear no big pics!

Carry on, Bold Seeker!

Thanks Chuk! You were the inspiration and you are correct about the kit. It is a beauty.

Rocky

What a great begining, and in 1/32 as well... This is going to be BIG! Hope you have a place to store this beast.

Looking forward to your build with great interest.

-Al

Thanks Al, yep I have room. I only build in large scales 1/32-1/6th.

Rocky

A very small update.

DSC01998.jpg

DSC01999.jpg

DSC02000copy.jpg

I will shoot some more paint tomorrow! Unfortunately, there is a boatload of planning in this build.

Rocky

Wow - for a first project after your hiatus... you picked an ambitious one. However, you have the right equipment and attitude so I am sure this will be completed and will look amazing. Keep it up and keep posting pictures of your progress!

Wow - for a first project after your hiatus... you picked an ambitious one. However, you have the right equipment and attitude so I am sure this will be completed and will look amazing. Keep it up and keep posting pictures of your progress!
nice job!! keep it up!!
Where did you find the jig for the wings (Nautilus)?

Thanks

Ja, go here! MVR

MFRF4.jpg

WOW... off to a tremendous start. If this jet turns out anywhere close to the quality of those busts... WOOHOOO... it'll be a cracker!!! Can't wait for more progress photos.

-Greg

Seeker, now that is a one heck of a project. I'm collection all of the goodies to build a similar build next year. I first read about this Chico Gunfighter in the Smoke Trails magazine. What a story and what a jet. Nice looking jig to fix the wings to the kit. I think I will have to pick one up for myself. Keep up the good work!

Mike

Hey there...

That's a big project for a restart in modeling (and what a restart! I can't wait to see the painting of the tub!). I wish you good luck! :jaw-dropping:

WOW... off to a tremendous start. If this jet turns out anywhere close to the quality of those busts... WOOHOOO... it'll be a cracker!!! Can't wait for more progress photos.

-Greg

Seeker, now that is a one heck of a project. I'm collection all of the goodies to build a similar build next year. I first read about this Chico Gunfighter in the Smoke Trails magazine. What a story and what a jet. Nice looking jig to fix the wings to the kit. I think I will have to pick one up for myself. Keep up the good work!

Mike

WOW, very much looking forward to seeing more of this. I might one day pick this kit up! We will see!

Many Thanks for the comments!

I have been spending a great amount of time on the ejection seats and the tubs. The BB tubs are a kit by themselves not to mention the seats. Being an idiot, I decided to build the Tam tubs, Tam seats along with the BB tubs and seats. I was tempted to do this because of the Eduard PE gear. Foolish I am! The BB seats are difficult to paint, but well worth it. The Tam seats with the PE look like toys in comparison. I will post some shots of the tubs and seats by Wednesday, thats a promise. They are all currently dying. With many coats of paint, at least the BB gear.

Now on with the new stuff, and remember I was just released from captivity in the.......

DSC00295-1.jpg

DSC02001.jpg

DSC02003.jpg

DSC02004.jpg

To be kontinued...

Unt zome more for you Amerikaners! Pleze vorgive my speling, Von Rock has given me many bottles of zomezinthing called Scotch?

On vith de show! Burp, es tut mir lite, auf english, excuse me.......thanks Von Rock!

DSC02005.jpg

DSC02006.jpg

Now I get a chance to speak! My new toys....

DSC02012.jpg

The pics of the cockpit and e-seats will be posted by Thursday. Sorry for the delay but these German pilots are a handfull and they drink a lot!

Rocky

Cool, looking foward to more! <_<

Curt

Thanks Curt!

Seeker, Are those the exhaust nozzles from CAM? I think P. Stoner mastered them several years ago. BTW, very nice set.

Mike

Mike,

These are not made by CAM. They were cast by an individual who is an artist!

Rocky