Academy 1/72 F-16I

I don't know if this has been posted before (ARC search engine is not helpful - to say the least), but here's a scan from the Academy 2009 catalog (the one which shows a 1/48 F-5 which is supposedly dead, and which doesn't have a picture of the 1/72 F/A-18D which is evidently just around the corner):

AcademyF-16I.jpg

And talk about Academy things I'd like to see/hear....that the 1/72 F-4E is really coming!

Gene K

It'd be really nice to have a OOB Sufa, so we won't have to spend about triple the basic cost of the model on resin..! Here's hoping Academy will throw in some IDF/AF-specific weapons as well - Pythons, Spice...

Cheers,

Andre

Yes I agree with you Andre, but I am still confused, why for what reason, Revell didn't release any new version? Still i think that their Viper is best? thay just need 2 or 3 sprues with new parts and hollla ther is new version!! :cheers:

Yes I agree with you Andre, but I am still confused, why for what reason, Revell didn't release any new version? Still i think that their Viper is best? thay just need 2 or 3 sprues with new parts and hollla ther is new version!! :cheers:

I totally agree with you - I have only one Academy in the stash as opposed to an almost embarrassing number of RoG kits. The RoG kit is more accurate in my eyes, especially in the intake area, and the clincher:over here in Europe I can get two for the price of one Korean kit (I got the KF-16C issue, mainly for the decals).

You'd think that a new sprue for RoG's basic 'D kit with the spine, lumps & bumps and some new weapons would be a license to print money...

Cheers,

Andre

<...> I am still confused, why for what reason, Revell didn't release any new version? <...>

You and me both! :woot.gif: Even if they don't release a fully-fledged Sufa, at least the C/D should be available again.

Maybe throw in a new sprue with a spine and the proper bulged MLG doors and release a Polish and Greek version.

• 2 weeks later...
Hmmmmm I find myself interested in this too. Who knows what maniacal concepts I could come up with with a Sufa sitting in my stash. Sufa XL? Desert Falcon? I dunno, I'd have to look into it.

How about this?

Take the CFT/Spine from the F-16I, put them on a Monogram XL, cut and splice the twin-place cockpit, and throw on the beefier undercarriage. Don't forget the ECM blisters.

Can't wait for this kit to come out!

Hoi,

The spine probably wouldn't fit, IIRC the F-16XL has a longer fusilage.

I'm very curious to see what Academy will bring us with this kit. I think their F-18 and F-8 are super. Their F-16 has great detail but lacks some accuracy. So here's hoping that they started afresh with the F-16I. Better accuracy with all of their detail... now that would be GREAT.

later

Ruud

(just waiting to put his 107 sq. decals on a Sufa)

I'm very curious to see what Academy will bring us with this kit. I think their F-18 and F-8 are super. Their F-16 has great detail but lacks some accuracy. So here's hoping that they started afresh with the F-16I. Better accuracy with all of their detail... now that would be GREAT.

And even if they base it on their existing F-16C kit, it will be like an update set for the Revell 'B with a bonus F-16 kit thrown in. :-)

Cheers,

Andre

And even if they base it on their existing F-16C kit, it will be like an update set for the Revell 'B with a bonus F-16 kit thrown in. :-)

Cheers,

Andre

Hoi Andre,

True enough, i have a KF-16C on the shelf just for that reason. The CMK update set in 1/72 costs like $37, so indeed, one could get a "conversion" kit with weapons and hopefully Carto. decals too :crying2:

later

Ruud

• 2 months later...