Academy 1/72nd Kubelwagen plus supplies sprue. Intended for some future diorama with a plane, but which plane I haven't decided!

kubel_drumsboxes1_sm.jpg

Edited by Mark M.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here she is - it took 4 months and about 100 hours. It is my first ship model. Learning the assembly and painting sequence was the hardest part. Fit and engineering is very very good. Tamiya is genius! The aircraft (but it's not about them - right?) took 12 hours for the eleven. They were airbrushed free hand (improved my skills I'll tell ya!). Each one has 17 decals, the whole ship has only one! Anyway here she is...

The Mogami was a Japanese cruiser that was modified to carry extra recce aircraft, "Jakes" and "Petes". It could accomodate up to 11 but normally carried about 8. She fought at Leyte Gulf but was sunk at the battle of the Suriago Strait on the day after.

1-350Mogami012cw.jpg

1-350Mogami008w.jpg

1-350Mogami009w.jpg

1-350Mogami007cw.jpg

1-350Mogami005w.jpg

1-350MogamiAircraft003.jpg

1-350MogamiAircraft006.jpg

1-350MogamiAircraft011.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

An accidental build of sorts.....

I was asked to join a 24 hour build and you can't do a Tamiya Spit in 24 hours :cheers:

Hans Stuck's BMW

DSC08016-vi.jpg

DSC08013-vi.jpg

DSC08010-vi.jpg

I still intend to finish the Talbot-Lago before I start that big Spitfire :yahoo: