Zactomodels at the Nats

I had a wonderful time at the Nats!

Thank you to those who visited my vendor tables and introduced yourselves :tease:

Sorry to those who wanted items that sold-out quickly... I had concentrated on casting lots of the new products and didn't bring enough of the previous releases.

We're still on the road and running a little behind schedule so I won't be re-opening the website for sales until the 29th or 30th.

I still have lots of the new releases left (1/32 Russian missiles, Sorbtsiya Pods, MiG-29 wheels and Su-27 early tail stingers) and will be offering those as soon as I'm back up.

I'll be getting right back to casting the A-7, F-100 and Su-27 parts so I should be able to fill new orders quickly.

First new product I will be concentrating on will be wingtip pylons for the Su-27 as the kit parts are dreadfully wrong and the Archer missile fins hit the lower wing.

I will eventually be doing a full set of Su-27 pylons but will offer the wingtip pylons separately for those who have already invested too much money into improving the kit.

Alexander is currently working on some beautiful MiG-29 pylons as well!

Next up I'll be finishing the MiG-29 9-13 Fulrcrum C conversion. A little bird told me that there will be some decals available for it too!

After that I'll be concentrating on finishing the Su-27UB and Su-30MKK canopy corrections.

The YF-23 prototype tooling got some wonderful feedback at the Nats!

I've been very anxious to return to the project and will force myself to find the time.

I spent 2 days at the Dayton air museum and got another couple hundered photos of the real bird so I'm very inspired to get back to it!!!

If all goes well I hope to have it ready for sales at the 2010 Nats in Phoenix :rofl:

Two-Mikes, Two-Bobs, Waco and the rest, thanks for the memories and the hang-overs :taunt:

Hey Chris it was a pleasure meeting you and your lovely wife!! We loved hanging with you in the "lounge" throwing back a few cocktails!! Also happy to hear you had a great show. I am STOKED about the YF-23 and will be one of the first in line to get one. Your work is impeccible man!

Now whats all this mention of hangovers?? :tease:

IPMSNationals2009106.jpg

Chris -

Awesome to see your work firsthand, chat with you, and spend some times exchanging laughs with you and your wife. Have a safe drive on the rest of your trip, and I hope to see you again at a future Nats! Watch your mail in the next couple weeks....soon as I get a few free minutes.

Mike - my eyes!!! Couldn't you have at least posted a picture of Zactowoman to take the sting out of the visual battery?

:tease:

Good times...

-Waco

Chris- it was a pleasure meeting you and I am in the midst of procuring the Su-30MKK. Can't wait for your goodies. And everyone, I really can't say enough about how FREAKING AMAZING the YF-23 looked. It was big and it was sexy. Seriously, Zactoman is truly an artist.

Don't know how I missed Mike- hell, I'd have to have demonstrated to you guys how to drink a beer. Heheheh

Anyone get over to a burger joint named Thurman's? I went there for the first time Friday night and had the BIGGEST and BEST burger I have ever had. Seriously.

It was definitely good meeting you too - although my wallet didn't enjoy the encounter as much. The products are superb, as they've always been - keep it up, and we'll keep buying. Bad news is, I figured out there are a couple more missile sets that I need - so as soon as some of those other products show, I'll have something extra to tack onto the order!

All the best!

Paul

Hey Chris,

It was nice to finally meet you! That YF-23 :) If I built that scale, I would be on it like flies on .......well, you know :) I will look into what we talked about, and I may need to pick your brain some more :)

Cheers,

-Doug :)

Home Sweet Home, at last!

We had a great time but it sure is nice to be home!

The trip there was long and boring, cows and cornfields. It's amazing how much corn is grown in the US!

The trip home was fun.

(The following is like home movies of our vacation, feel free to skip it!).

We began our trip home by going to the Air Force Museum to visit the YF-23. Half way through my photo-shoot the camera batteries died :sunrevolves:

Sooo... We spent the night in Dayton and went back in the morning (I didn't mind visiting her twice).

We then spent the night at a friends in Minneapolis where I was woken in the middle of the night by a wicked lightning storm. It was like 'War of the Worlds'!

I was then woken up early the next morning by airliners taking off low over the house...

After another day and a half drive we went through the Badlands to see the evening lighting of Mt. Rushmore. Pretty spectacular except for the mosquitos that muched my legs.

Next day we went to the Wind Caves and Jewel Caves followed by a sunset visit to Devils' Tower (this means something).

We then spent the night in Casper, WY (don't go there! Yuk...).

Next day we drove by Independence Rock where more mosquitos ate my legs.

We then decided to try a different route home and discovered that we have some of the most beautiful scenery just an hour from home.

After all that wonderful tourist stuff on the drive home we let out the most 'wows' while driving through Logan Canyon between Bear Lake and Logan Utah. We'll definitely be going back to visit there!

I have another but won't post it!! LOL
:huh:

I think she was actually looking forward to seeing it!

Please e-mail me a copy if you're not posting it.

Again, It was a pleasure meeting so many of you at the show!

Thanks for the nice comments about my goodies.

Mike and Doug it was nice seeing meeting you both and seeing your products in person. I can see why so many ARCers rave about the quality!

Zactotable.jpg

Until 2010...

My website is back up for sales of my previous products. I will be adding links and buy-now buttons for all the new stuff later this evening.

:monkeydance:

Home Sweet Home, at last!

We had a great time but it sure is nice to be home!

The trip there was long and boring, cows and cornfields. It's amazing how much corn is grown in the US!

The trip home was fun.

(The following is like home movies of our vacation, feel free to skip it!).

We began our trip home by going to the Air Force Museum to visit the YF-23. Half way through my photo-shoot the camera batteries died :doh:

Sooo... We spent the night in Dayton and went back in the morning (I didn't mind visiting her twice).

We then spent the night at a friends in Minneapolis where I was woken in the middle of the night by a wicked lightning storm. It was like 'War of the Worlds'!

I was then woken up early the next morning by airliners taking off low over the house...

After another day and a half drive we went through the Badlands to see the evening lighting of Mt. Rushmore. Pretty spectacular except for the mosquitos that muched my legs.

Next day we went to the Wind Caves and Jewel Caves followed by a sunset visit to Devils' Tower (this means something).

We then spent the night in Casper, WY (don't go there! Yuk...).

Next day we drove by Independence Rock where more mosquitos ate my legs.

We then decided to try a different route home and discovered that we have some of the most beautiful scenery just an hour from home.

After all that wonderful tourist stuff on the drive home we let out the most 'wows' while driving through Logan Canyon between Bear Lake and Logan Utah. We'll definitely be going back to visit there!

:doh:

Please e-mail me a copy if you're not posting it.

Again, It was a pleasure meeting so many of you at the show!

Thanks for the nice comments about my goodies.

Mike and Doug it was nice seeing meeting you both and seeing your products in person. I can see why so many ARCers rave about the quality!

Zactotable.jpg

Until 2010...

My website is back up for sales of my previous products. I will be adding links and buy-now buttons for all the new stuff later this evening.

:thumbsup:

Zactoman, I have read some great reviews regarding your products. Where can I find them for sale?

If this is a stupid question, please forgive me and blame it on Johnnie Walker!

Rocky

Zactoman, I have read some great reviews regarding your products. Where can I find them for sale?

If this is a stupid question, please forgive me and blame it on Johnnie Walker!

Rocky

For now they are only available through my website, www.Zactomodels.com

I've had lots of distributors and hobby shops inquire about selling them but I'm still a one-man company (and one woman occasionally!).

Perhaps some day...

And really, who can blame her? :thumbsup:

Glad to hear you made it home safely! Started working on my missiles last night....man, these things look great.

Cheers!

Hi Chris! Welcome home to your quiet and cosy Preston! :crying2:

Very nice picture of your Zactocorner...Zactostall...or...well, Vendor's table.

As I can judge you had not only a great time at the Convention but also a very nice jorney.

Congrats on your success being at Nats! I'm sure you've raised your bar considerably.:D

Cheers!

Alexander.

:angry:

Hi Chris! Welcome home to your quiet and cosy Preston! :crying2:

Very nice picture of your Zactocorner...Zactostall...or...well, Vendor's table.

As I can judge you had not only a great time at the Convention but also a very nice jorney.

Congrats on your success being at Nats! I'm sure you've raised your bar considerably.:D

Cheers!

Alexander.

:angry:

Hey Alexander........your Avatar pic makes me think you just MAY be Zactos log lost brother!! You sure you two aren't holding out on us?? BTW superb work on thos missiles. You two have set the bar for resin guys. I can only hope we here at Two Mikes could ever come clse to your quality. Cheers

Mike

Hey Alexander........your Avatar pic makes me think you just MAY be Zactos log lost brother!! You sure you two aren't holding out on us??

Mike

LOL, i was just thinking about same thing. It seems that good modelbuilders are bald. :D