Zmey's MAKS-09 photos.

How would you rate this year's MAKS compared to previous years?

Personally... that was the best MAKS yet. But for all the subjective reasons.

1. I was traveling alone without my wife. 13 days in Russia... without my wife. Those who know will appreciate it, no doubt.

2. I was going to MAKS on my own time and my own shedule. I woke up when I wanted, ate when I wanted, drank when and what I wanted and pisssed when I wanted...

3. I am infinitely tolerant to cold temperatures. And I cant stand the heat. The weather for this MAKS was absolutely perfect. Couldnt asked for better.

4. I met up with Sebasijan at the MAKS and we consumed unholly amounts of Zolotaya Bochka. Oh, and no one nagged me when I cracked open another one.

5. While flight display was sorta muted, static was awesome. I saw dozen or so planes I've never seen before IRL. I got to climb into 'pits of few planes (also something I've never done before).

6. Two days of MAKS without hundreds of thousands of moscovites is a luxury I enjoyed very much.

There were negative moments during that MAKS... but they absolutely didnt make any impact on me and my time there. So there you have it.

hth

Z

Any idea what that tiny black jet that looked cobbled together was? The one that had the half-flat main gear tires and the canopy that appeared to be riveted on and spraypainted black? I noticed you went by it a couple of times - I know I would've kept going back and trying to figure it out, too...

:blink:,

G'day BAM'nIVM,

I'd think it was someones idea of a bit of fun. I don't think it's really meant to fly, perhaps an engineering mock up of an ultra light similar to the Bede BD-5J. Don't forget the Russians were experimenting with delta wings way back in the 1930s and built several flying deltas to test the waters for their rocket powered fighters, which of course didn't really succeed in any country as the jets edged them out. From reading about them the Russians were building and flying experimental piston engined deltas even before Dr. Alexander Lippisch. The high take off and approach speeds and high AOA on approach didn't really enamour them to the pilots of the day.

:woot.gif:,

Ross.

Zmey

super pics

question - was the Su-33 present either static or flying?

The Su-35 is in his pictures flying ... :blink: When I read the line, I saw Su-35 for some reason ...

I really like the look of the Yak-130 trainer ... Nice lines ...

Thanks for sharing all of these Z ! :woot.gif:

Gregg

Edited by GreyGhost
Any idea what that tiny black jet that looked cobbled together was? The one that had the half-flat main gear tires and the canopy that appeared to be riveted on and spraypainted black? I noticed you went by it a couple of times - I know I would've kept going back and trying to figure it out, too...

According to the owner of that atrocity its a mock-up of a private jet/spaceship.... yeah... I pretty much walked away at that point.

Oh my god Z...awesome pictures :woot.gif:

Love the Su-34 and the Su-24 pics..especially :blink: but that Yak-130 demo looked pretty sweet as well. I was all set to come this year, but it would have conflicted with college stuff, so 2011 for sure :)

-Awan

Oh my god Z...awesome pictures :rofl:

Love the Su-34 and the Su-24 pics..especially :rolleyes: but that Yak-130 demo looked pretty sweet as well. I was all set to come this year, but it would have conflicted with college stuff, so 2011 for sure :whistle:

-Awan

My invitation is valid :woo:

According to the owner of that atrocity its a mock-up of a private jet/spaceship.... yeah... I pretty much walked away at that point.

LOL

Yeah...I think my reaction would've been similar. Someone's been doing more than just painting with that flat black spraypaint, I think.