Spitfire HF Mk. VII Question

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a manufacturer that makes or made decals in 1/48 for the Spit HF Mk. VII "Spirit of Kent," coded NX O?

Here is a link to a 1/72 version built by Brett Green:

Spitfire

I have decals for Pete Brothers' aircraft but would love to decorate my completed ICM kit with NX O!

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a manufacturer that makes or made decals in 1/48 for the Spit HF Mk. VII "Spirit of Kent," coded NX O?

Here is a link to a 1/72 version built by Brett Green:

Spitfire

I have decals for Pete Brothers' aircraft but would love to decorate my completed ICM kit with NX O!

My ICM 1/48 Mk. VII comes with the markings for NX*O, MD120, "Spirit of Kent." It also has the Pegasus art on the cowl panels and I don't know if that's a personal marking or the squadron insignia. It's kit 48062.

BTW, I'm looking forward to building this kit, and I've heard mixed reviews, including the warning that it can't be built with the engine installed. Can anybody with experience with this kit warn me of the pitfalls?

Thanks,

TOM

Mel,

First off, get new decals. I attempted to use the kit decals to depict "Spirit of Kent' but they absolutely refused to conform to anything. A lot like my experiences with older Academy kit decals. I built mine sans engine...just put in some blanking plates so I could mount the exhausts later.

The fit is dodgy in places, the plastic very soft and there are quite a number of sink marks that must be dealt with. I think the kit is over-engineered, which causes a lot of the fit problems. The cannon bulges on the wings must be carefully dry-fitted before committing to glue. I used the landing gear legs and wheels from an old Arii kit as the ICM ones would require a lot of cleaning up. Clear parts are nice and fit well.

Given my criticism, I still think it will be the best looking Spit in my collection. It sure looks spot on and it was worth the effort. If you go into it knowing it won't be a walk in the park you will be fine. And in case I didn't mention it, get new decals!