I just started a Kinetic 1:32nd F-86F-30. This is my first attempt using Tamiya Extra Thin Cement...interesting stuff. Still getting used to it.

big_sabre_1.jpg

I am also shooting for my first "seam free" build....we'll see how that goes! I have heard that this kit goes together with little to no putty....a few guys have boasted just using Mr. Surfacer to fill what little seams there are.....I am guessing they maybe got better molds, cause that is definitely not the case here. The seam where the wing meets the bottom of the fuselage is going to be a bit hairy, and the wing roots don't look all that better. We'll see.

I do like what they've done with the cockpit. They give you the standard injection molded instrument panel, they also give you a clear panel with holes and a decal that gets sandwiched for the dials. Not quite as good as using PE....but it gets the job done....

big_sabre_2.jpg

More to come as I tackle those wing roots!

not sure what I am going to do about the NMF yet.....a little nervous walking down that road still!

From what I can tell, this kit looks alot like an upscaled Academy Sabre....the intake has a pretty ugly seam down both sides of it, intake plug time!