EH-101 Merlin, CH-149 Commerant, VH-71 kit ???

I've got future plans for a Danish EH-101, since I won't be using the kit decals I'm wondering if all these kits are basically the same plastic or not. If it is just the decals I can grab whichever kit I find a good deal on.

Dont't know abot kits but EH.101s are made with or without ramp in the back (just like Sea Kings and Pelikans).

Cormorants have the ramp as well troop carring Danish ones while VH.71 didn't as Royal Navy Merlins.

Sensors on nose and radars under the belly are way different.

All the best

PAolo

You need Revell Westland Merlin HC.3 kit, and Aviation Workshop decal

http://www.theaviationworkshop.co.uk/decal...mier/MA-155.php

But one problem, you need make new nose.

Italeri Cormoran and VH-71 kits have wrong main gears, only one whell.

Revell is corect, two whells.

Edited by Robertas

PM merlin101, Dave has built them all. I can't really recall but I want to say they are all the same. Most suffer the same issues as in one rear tire when most need two rear tires per side. Again Dave can give you the skinny on them.

HTH

Thanks 'Tank'!!

Best kit to use is the Revell RAF Merlin kit if you can find one, Revell stopped producing it last year!! There's plenty of info/pics on the net, but if you need any help pm me. There's a fair bit of modification to do but it's fairly straight forward.

Dave

Thanks, I actually have found a few online. I've found two British versions, an HAS.1 and an HMA. I'm thinking about getting both, I'll do one as the Danish version and build up the other OOB.

Thanks, I actually have found a few online. I've found two British versions, an HAS.1 and an HMA. I'm thinking about getting both, I'll do one as the Danish version and build up the other OOB.

Neither of these marks have the loading ramp at the rear so are not right for a Danish version

----------------------------

Merlin Kit 101(!!!)

All based on the Italeri tooling - there are two body styles for the EHI01 - with and without the rear ramp

Italeri HAS 1 - original release, based on the first prototype, has missing window and rotor cuff. Non-ramped body

Revell HC3 - makes an HC3 virtually out the box, missing only a couple of DASS (flare?) boxes on the forward fuselage; Ramped body, twin rear wheels

Italeri Cormorant - ramped body but only single rear wheels. needs work to do a proper Cormorant

Italeri VH-71 - ramped body, single rear wheels. Needs work to do a proper VH-71

Revell HMA1 - revised version of original HAS1 kit, much better, adds weapons, extra window for the HMA1 etc. Excellent decals

Italeri HMA1 - Almost same as Revell HMA1 kit, but firther revision to correct the rotor root covers. best plastic for AS version, but poor decals.

So inspite of Italeri being an Italian company, the only versions of the Merlin you can build straight form the box are the Royal Navy or RAF versions!!

Edited by Dave Fleming

It's about time we set up a parts-store for EH101 -kits! I have built several (What If-) civil Heliners- machines, that don't have the ramp but do have the extra windows. You guessed it: I had to buy two kits for one machine: one for the rampless body, the other for the extra windows...

Reading Dave Fleming's post, am I correct if I see that Revell's HMA1- version has both the rampless body AND the extra windows?

Before you ask: no I don't have the left over parts anymore, I have glued these into I guess non existing machines with ramps and no extra windows...

Pffff :thumbsup: Gertjan

Reading Dave Fleming's post, am I correct if I see that Revell's HMA1- version has both the rampless body AND the extra windows?

Sorry, I meant it had the extra (port side?) window added to the Maritime versions that wasn't in the first kit (rather than the airliner windows)

Thank you, I knew the 1-1 EH-101 has a number of options, but I had no idea Revell / Italeri had offered so many different kits.

It figures I'd get interested when the kit is not being produced. :huh:

• 3 months later...

Is it not a very GOOD idea if Revell/Monogram come out with the right and good detailed helo (enhanced by Eduard) in scale 1/48, so WE can build all versions from the Army and Naval version. I,m for sure that EXELLENT detail and PARTS will justify a good price for REVMON to ask for.