Fresh Cherries 1/24 1974 AMC Gremlin

Hello,

While on travel two years ago, I purchased a 1/24 1974 AMC Gremlin diecast car kit; The body primer painted and I had to assemble everything else.

Well, I tried painting the body and gooned it up. Which leds to me ask two questions. How can I remove the paint to start over or where can I find anohter kit in Maryland to start over?

Thanks,

Mike Wilson

With it being a diecast kit, you can strip the paint with a water soluble liquid paint stripper that is sold in Walmart or other hardware stores in the paint department ...

I've done this many times with both diecast models and Hot Wheels ...

I use a cheap disposable aluminum pan, put all the metal parts in the pan and pour the stripper over them and let the stripper do it's thing ... Keep any plastic parts away from the stripper

Do wear rubber gloves and eye protection when dealing with the stripper though, it is a fairly 'hot' substance ...

Once the paint has bubbled, peeled or flaked off, scrub the parts with a metal brush then rinse them in water ...

Now you can actually clean up the parts better than the factory did and take down any molding seams, etc ...

Once you've done that, clean up the parts again and then prep them for primer and painting ...

HTH ...

Gregg