New Build Xtrakit Meteor F.8 RAAF Meteorites

Just starting this one.

XK72001.JPG

Going to be this aircraft from the Royal Austrialian Air Force Aerobatic team "The Meteorites" Using xtradecal x72071

Meteorites6.jpg

The Meteorites aerobatic team was formed in August 1956 flying three Gloster Meteor F8 from No. 78 (Fighter) Wing based at Williamtown, N.S.W. The team performed its first display in September at Williamtown Air Force Week. The Meteorites pilots were - leader F.Lt. J.H Flemming, No.2 F.Sgt. F.P. Riley, No.3 F.Sgt O.R.F. Bartrop. After 23 displays in february 1957 the team was disbanded, when CAC Sabres replaced the Meteors, and the leader Jim Flemming was posted to the Central Flying School as instructor.

Julien

Edited by Julien (UK)
Which aircraft are you going to do Julien. Hopefully, not the same as mine. It would be good to see two different ones.

Regards

Andrew

Hi,

you did 870, I am going to do mine as 875 the one in the pic above as this definatly has the roo in the roundel, the only pic I have seen of the roo used. Luckily the xtradecal sheet gives you these.

Its strange that this aircraft has been preserved at Williamtown but the have used standard roundels not the Roo ones. It obviously had them at some stage.

I found a good site for RAAF Serials http://www.adf-serials.com/

Julien

Edited by Julien (UK)
  • 1 month later...
Hi Julian

Like the scheme, what colour/paint is the light blue you used? I need a similar one for a Jet Provost I'm building.

Thanks

Hi,

sorry but a custom mix from the blues I had which were either too light or too dark, just mixed it up untill it looked right.

Julien