MItsubishi F-2 A/B what if

since decals for the 1/48 F-2 are nonexistant or crap. i've decided to just build them as whif's.

i read through all 92 ish pages of the whif page, and nothing has really caught my attention. i have a cutinge edge peace marble III spine for the 2 seater but i dont know where i want to go from there. maybe a special anti godzilla force or something.

so if anyone has some really cool ideas for f-2 what if paint schemes post em here.

tia Dylan

Those are Gary F's profiles

I would pick a country that flies the F-16 and go with that, along the lines that Japan decided to sell them to friendly countries in the region to recover some of the price over runs involved in the program. Some that I would consider would be Australia (not an F-16 user, but could be some good camo schemes), Taiwan, perhaps Malaysia and S. Korea. Richard (Gekko Graphics) did some nice Rafale whifs in Australian camo that would look good. I got all the parts together to turn an F-2B into a Sufa like version, with spine and CFTs. The idea there was that Japan went ahead with a Super Kai upgrade and worked with Israel on it, so the F-2b would have the same mods as the Sufa.Maybe some of the middle eastern countries that are using the Blk 60 (UAE?) might be a possibilty.

Edited by JasonB

Just whatever it is you have to build it with a -132 engine. The F-2A's clean T/W is .89. That is YGBSM-ly poor for an 'advanced' F-16 derivative.

though comparing the F-2's profile to the F-16's the F-2 should be more maneuvarable as it has larger tails and overall the wings/LERXs are shifted forward a little.

Edited by sv51macross

Speaking of what-if's, I have never seen a whif plane done in a famous squadron's markings. For example, a Rafale in Jolly Rogers skulls and bones, or a Flanker donning the Sundowners red sun. Are these considered "untouchables", hence were never done? Just a thought.

Terry

Speaking of what-if's, I have never seen a whif plane done in a famous squadron's markings. For example, a Rafale in Jolly Rogers skulls and bones, or a Flanker donning the Sundowners red sun. Are these considered "untouchables", hence were never done? Just a thought.

Terry

HI

If you take a look through the WIF profiles, Zactoman did up several USN Su-27s.

Tom

LOTS of great profiles by Gary F HERE on whatifmodelers.

I've got a VFA-31 Tomcatters Rafale M in the works. Here's the profile I did for that:

rafale-MofVFA-31-1.jpg

Well, since the F-2 is basically the F-16 AGILE FALCON program, one could go on the premise of "what if it actually came about?" and like Jason said, do it in the colours of any country that operates the F-16.

As to not seeing "famous" markings on other planes, trust me, you haven't been searching very efficiently. You can see just about ANYTHING with wings on it in VF-84/103 especially, second runner up being VF-111. Real stones comes with Redoing the markings instead of just copying them - USN Su-27 in Red Rogers, or Black Sundowners markings, with a black tail and the sun done in, oh, Gold, or Yellow.