Peterbilt Wrecker

Ever since I was a kid, I wanted to build a large diesle truck. I'm an aircraft modeler with some Sci-Fi interests, so this was off the beaten trail for me. It took me 6 months, and I built it right out of the box...

Revels 1/25 Peterbilt Wrecker

http://s676.photobucket.com/albums/vv122/T...?albumview=grid

It took 3rd over-all at Nationals behind two very big-scaled trucks, plus took Best OOB. Not bad for the only truck I'll ever build. :-)

Tracy

<_< Very nice! I been wanting to get this kit for sometime now, but of course not easy or cheap to get anymore. I see the actual truck all the time being that I commute to Tampa everyday. Stepps Towing has two of the large trucks, thourgh they are different. Not sure if they are both Peterbuilts though.

Thanks for sharing,

Robert

Thanx gents,

This truck was a real pain-in-the-arse. The engineering of the kit was weak. Some parts didn't fit well, or even were unusable. The decals were even worse. The red stripe down the side didn't match the amber light positions, so I had to hack it up and re-assembel the decal on the truck in small sections. The chrome parts looked like they went on a toy, so I stripped them down in an Easy-Off oven cleaner bath. It had to be done anyway just so I could fill the seams on the fuel tanks and exhaust stacks. I use de-canted Testors Chrome spray paint and shot it through my airbrush to re-chrome all the parts.

Tracy

WOW... that's one hell-of-a truck you got there. One has to respect such patience and craftsmanship... chrome is a very difficult thing to work with in the best of times but you have truly done this model justice.

You got any better, close up photos that you can share with us?

-Greg

• 2 weeks later...