new MIG-23 ML and MF kits

There will be good 1/72 Fitters after them? :D

Luigi

No. I sent email with same question to Radek Vavrina (RVresin] before my post. Sadly he not think about Fitters.

When the sale of the Floggers is successful, he is considering the production of 1/48 Iljusin Il-28 Beagle.

I really need new model of the 1/72 Su-7BM and Su-7U Fitters. Conversion from KP kit aren't easy.

L.

It's kinda surprising that out of the blue we have a new manufacturer who's going to offer a full range of Flogger kits. Considering the costs of creating an injection molded kit and the fact that this seems to be a fairly small enterprise, I'm a bit suspicious.

RVresin isn't new manufacturer, they did a resin kits.

From Modelimex price, i think the Floggers will be short run kits with resin parts produced in cooperation with another czech company. Quality like Valom, Xtrakit, MPM, Sword etc. RVresin not confirmed it, it's only my idea.

No. I sent email with same question to Radek Vavrina (RVresin] before my post. Sadly he not think about Fitters.

When the sale of the Floggers is successful, he is considering the production of 1/48 Iljusin Il-28 Beagle.

I really need new model of the 1/72 Su-7BM and Su-7U Fitters. Conversion from KP kit aren't easy.

L.

Bad news then :-\

Was really hoping for a new Fitter family,I have Pantera and Bilek boxes in my stash but I fear to put my hands on them,I have one Fishpot and one 'UBK Frogfoot too from Cooperativa and I really don't know how accurate they are or how easy would be to fix and update them :thumbsup:

Luigi

Edited by Mizar

Most interesting news!

I guess the mold may be OEMed by MPM?Just like the other Czech makers.

I have the R.V. Resin Flogger plans and I think they are not only nice detailed but very accurate in shape issues.

Any expert's idea?

Cheers,

Yufei

<...> Again, from czech source: Apparently his (R.V.Resin) drawings have gotten some critique...Atleast the S-199 (czech produced Me-109) and Gripen. <...>

His F-4 drawings also caught some flak on Flugzeugforum.de, both regarding general shape and variant-specific parts. :cheers:

Most interesting news!

I guess the mold may be OEMed by MPM?Just like the other Czech makers.

I have the R.V. Resin Flogger plans and I think they are not only nice detailed but very accurate in shape issues.

Any expert's idea?

Yufei, don't you have his plans for the MiG-21? Do they include some good drawings for the F-7s, especially the cranked-deltas? :thumbsup:

Edited by ChernayaAkula
RVresin isn't new manufacturer, they did a resin kits.

From Modelimex price, i think the Floggers will be short run kits with resin parts produced in cooperation with another czech company. Quality like Valom, Xtrakit, MPM, Sword etc. RVresin not confirmed it, it's only my idea.

Considering that, I'm almost expecting to see something like an AML kit in the end. Not that that's a bad thing, mind you.

And I'll also concur with what others have said about hoping for surface detail and accuracy on par with the Streem Su-24 kit (or the VES Su-15 kit for that matter). If they could hit that detail level with more ease of construction, I'd be snapping up one of those Floggers as soon as it hit the shelf.

As for the quality of his drawings. I recall a set of 1/72 Gloster Meteor F.8 drawings of his that appeared in a Czech modeling magazine. I held the Xtrakit Meteor up to them and there were more than a few discrepancies between them. Whether the drawings or the kit was more in the right, I'm not certain.

I have that to...I just didn't want to say it, because now that would be party pooper. :doh:

Again, from czech source: Apparently his (R.V.Resin) drawings have gotten some critique...Atleast the S-199 (czech produced Me-109) and Gripen. There is even an error where side view did not correspond with top view. That is quite bad if you ask me. I am saying all this because you would think the kit will be based on those drawings, which looks nice, but may be inaccurate. Flogger people, take a look here and judge for youselfs:

http://www.rvresin.com/MiG-23_Flogger_72.html

I can't comment of the MiG-23 drawings but there's something weird in the MiG-21 drawings. The canopy seems to go up a bit to high above the spine. Too bubbly when seen from the side. Yufei could confirm.

Edited by Laurent
I can't comment of the MiG-23 drawings but there's something weird in the MiG-21 drawings. The canopy seems to go up a bit to high above the spine. Too bubbly when seen from the side. Yufei could confirm.

Hmm,I have not recieved the MiG-21 plans though it's already available on Modelimex.com.

Maybe Laurent is correct but those rivet details are the only plan you can get on the market which is detailed enough to make a Fishbed in any scale.

Just imagine the full rivets MiG-21 in bare metal scheme.

I'll still grab one for that purpose regardless of accuracy issues.

HTH,Yufei

Maybe Laurent is correct but those rivet details are the only plan you can get on the market which is detailed enough to make a Fishbed in any scale.

Yes that's the whole pôint of this new product. And that's why I'm thinking about buying it too.

Hmm,I have not recieved the MiG-21 plans though it's already available on Modelimex.com.

I'll still grab one for that purpose regardless of accuracy issues.

HTH,Yufei

IMHO, there is no need of a lot of "bells and whistles" on the plans unless it can't do the main task right, beeing accurate.

Hi,

Good news, it would be nice to see these in a Kopro box but since they are no more I suppose someone else might have to make them. I don't know if they're based on some Kopro work but IIRC they were working on the MiG-23BN, which is also a dead ringer for the MiG-27 bomber variant.

Edited by BibbyUK

Official report of the manufacturer from Czech modellers forum:

(try Google Translate, Czech language)

Zdravím modeláře !

Pár věcí na doplnění informací:

Nejedná se o žádný přebal a už vůbec ne o KP - ty jsou v nedohlednu !

Bude to short run, ale kvalita povrchu výlisků bude velice sluÅ¡ná - znám práci formaře ! Dnes je to už zase někde jinde, než v polovině 90.let.

Věřte mi, že na tento model (různé verze) jsem se (snad) velice dobře připravil.

A co se týče kvality a přesnosti výkresů? Můžete mít 100% výkres a pokud ruce nezvládnou tvarovou náročnost při výrobě "mástru" tak je to zase někde jinde.VÅ¡e souvisí se vším!Já doufám, že konečný výsledek bude stát za to, vkládám veÅ¡keré své úsilí a um do přesnosti a povrchové úpravy....Je mi jasné, že vÅ¡em se nezavděčím.

Jedno je jisté, každé zboží má svého kupce !

Připravím foto některých částí a zveřejním je.

S pozdravem Radek Vavřina - R.V.Resin.

Edited by 172flogger

"Hello modeler!

A few things to supplement the information:

There's no album cover and even less about KP - they are in sight!

It will be a short run, but the quality of the surface of the compacts will be very reasonable - I know the work formaře! Today it is again somewhere else than in the mid 90s.

Believe me, that this model (different versions), I (hopefully) very well prepared.

As for the quality and accuracy of drawings? You can have 100% of the drawing and if your hands do not manage to shape complexity in the production of "Mastro" so it is again somewhere jinde.VÅ¡e relates to everything! I hope that the end result will be worth it, I put all my effort and skill to the accuracy and surface finish .... I know that all the nezavděčím.

One thing is certain, each product has its own buyer!

I will make some parts of photos and publish them.

Sincerely Radek Vavřina - R. V. Resin."

Which raises the question, however: are they accurate or detailed?

A lot of modellers look at plans that have a lot of detail (like rivets, cross sections and the like), and assume they must be accurate, but the two are not always related. Heck, they *could* be pulling the rivet/panel line detail from out of thin air, just to make the finished drawings look busier and more impressive. Kind of like the Fujimi MiG-21 vs. some of the cruder Russian kits. Fujimi's Fishbed *looks* much nicer, but the cruder kits are more accurate.

Not to say they're *not* accurate, of course. Just that you can't assume they are because the drawings look nice.

Which raises the question, however: are they accurate or detailed?

A lot of modellers look at plans that have a lot of detail (like rivets, cross sections and the like), and assume they must be accurate, but the two are not always related. Heck, they *could* be pulling the rivet/panel line detail from out of thin air, just to make the finished drawings look busier and more impressive. Kind of like the Fujimi MiG-21 vs. some of the cruder Russian kits. Fujimi's Fishbed *looks* much nicer, but the cruder kits are more accurate.

Not to say they're *not* accurate, of course. Just that you can't assume they are because the drawings look nice.

True. For example the 4+ MiG-21 and MiG-29 drawings look sharp and nice until you compare them with real aircraft pics.

While on the subject of Mig-23s, has anybody seen the new 1/72 Mig-23BN conversion set? There's also a new Mig-23S conversion set. I just stumbled upon it 5 mins ago.

http://www.celnice.cz/avmodels/seznam.php?...itko&c=1/72

Key in "Mig" in the Search box & hit Enter.

There seems to be something odd about the shape of the BN. Plus there's no picture of canopies.

Anyone got the BN set? Any feedback?

While on the subject of Mig-23s, has anybody seen the new 1/72 Mig-23BN conversion set? There's also a new Mig-23S conversion set. I just stumbled upon it 5 mins ago.

http://www.celnice.cz/avmodels/seznam.php?...itko&c=1/72

Key in "Mig" in the Search box & hit Enter.

There seems to be something odd about the shape of the BN. Plus there's no picture of canopies.

Anyone got the BN set? Any feedback?

I bought it from hobbyshop.cz several years ago so it's hardly new. I don't remember on which kit it's supposed to be used. I'd have to check. There's no canopy provided at all.

I bought it from hobbyshop.cz several years ago so it's hardly new. I don't remember on which kit it's supposed to be used. I'd have to check. There's no canopy provided at all.

My bad. I thought it was a new release because I clicked on "New Kits" and saw the BN conversion on the 3rd page. I gues A+V hasn't updated their website. How accurate is the conversion?

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...
This gets interesting.

It's kinda surprising that out of the blue we have a new manufacturer who's going to offer a full range of Flogger kits. Considering the costs of creating an injection molded kit and the fact that this seems to be a fairly small enterprise, I'm a bit suspicious.

Are we possibly talking about a Streem Fencer type short-run kit..?

Dear all,

Is there any update from RVResin on this new flogger kit?

By the way, can the Mig-23ML easily converted to a Mig-23MLD (considering radar dome shape, tooth edge near the lex of the wing, the vertifcal fin and IR targeting system under the nose)?

I am going to pre-order this kit via modelimex.

Regards,

Jeffrey