Must see website for armor builders

So I'm scouring around for diorama stuff for a WWII project I've had on the backburner for some time and ran accross the Miniart website:

http://www.miniart-models.com/

Not only do they have great low cost diorama bases, building, figures etc but check out their Painting Guide and Assembly guide sections... just super tutorials here. I've already placed an order for a few pieces as they will definitely enhance any armor displayed.

-Greg

Picked up one of the MiniArt diorama kits at the 'Nats, knowing full well in advance these are kits, and vacuformed largely at that so not a slap together. The detail is great, though there is a bunch of prep work and sand/file sweat to be done. They also have an injection molded building accessory kit which includes several styles of guttering, window frames, doors, shutters, etc, with very nice detail. One worry I know I'll have is making my Matilda tank appear to really be in touch with the ground, since it's hard plastic you can't get the vehicle to sit down into the ground like when using Sculpey or Celluclay, TBD. I am highly interested in seeing their forthcoming 'British Tank Riders' figure set, can anyone comment on the quality of their figures perhaps compared to DML 'Gen 2?

metro,

I have the MiniArt "German SPG Crew Riders." I really like 'em.

Two sprues for five figures, no parts numbers on the sprues (comes with a parts locator diagram), but what I consider very good to excellent detail on the molded clothing, faces, hands and shoes.

Very limited accessories but not really necessary for crewmen. Sidearm holsters, choice of cap or helmet for four of the five guys (helmets have molding dimples on the top), and an MP-40. Besides the helmets, all nice.

Gen 2 quality? I'd say 90-95% compared to Gen 2 Dragon.

Good luck with the British Tank Riders. :huh:

Ken

Cool! I'm thinking they aren't due in the states until November so there's plenty of time to work on the Matilda. I have not built a tank in 20+ years, but something about the one from Tamiya just made it jump into my hands at the HLJ stand at the 'Nats (plus their new Zero).