This is my latest MB kit the old F-86A. Well only matchbox do this otherwise you need an expensive conversion.

As you see the box has seen better days!

MBSabrebox.jpg

Here are the wings on, took a bit of filler to get right, and noticed the kit does not come with tanks!

MBBuild1.jpg

Will be in the colours of the Montana ANG, a yellow target tug, decals from the euro decal sheet.

Julien

MBBuild1.jpg

Will be in the colours of the Montana ANG, a yellow target tug, decals from the euro decal sheet.

Julien

Julien - what is the white stuff brushed over the fuselage join?

I've got one of these in the stash i got off Ebay which was supposed to be part of my unmade collection, but when i opened it it had been started a bit (even though the seller stated unmade B) ) - so i'm thinking of building it or perhaps doing it with my nephew as Xmas.

Thommo,

the white stuff is humbrol matt white paint, I use it to check seams after puttying. I will rub it of later as this helps key the acrylic paint down.

Its a pretty basic kit but the only one which gets the rear fuselarge right for a A model. Also does an attempt at the V screen, that parts not briliant but in 1.72 its not that noticable.

The kit also does not come with tip tanks so you need to find them from somewhere.

I have an unstarted one if you wanted to swop, provided the started kit has not been bodged.

Julien

Edited by Julien (UK)
Thommo,

the white stuff is humbrol matt white paint, I use it to check seams after puttying. I will rub it of later as this helps key the acrylic paint down.

Its a pretty basic kit but the only one which gets the rear fuselarge right for a A model. Also does an attempt at the V screen, that parts not briliant but in 1.72 its not that noticable.

The kit also does not come with tip tanks so you need to find them from somewhere.

I have an unstarted one if you wanted to swop, provided the started kit has not been bodged.

Julien

thanks for the offer Julien - i'll stick with the one i have, build it with me nephew probably

• 1 month later...

Well I finally got it finished ( a bit late!)

This is the old Matchbox kit with Euro Decal decals.

Aircraft is an F-86A of the Montana Air National Guard as photographed at Nellis AFB gunnery meet 1955. Aircraft is painted bright yellow as it was used as a Target Tug. Paints are humbrol silver and a custom mix acrylic yellow. I now hate spraying yellow. It took a good many coats.

F-86AFinLeft.jpg

F-86AFinRight.jpg

F-86AFinTop.jpg

Not bad for an old kit.

Julien