Sweet 1/144 Eastern Aircraft (GM) FM-2s

If you never built any of the newer tooled 1/144 scale aircraft from either Sweet or Platz, your missing out. I built a Sweet P-51B last year that was loads of fun. The boxes are lots of fun, done up with Anime style illustrations and lots of cats! The FM-2 gives you a plastic cat in 1/144 scale that I'll need to paint up too.

I started the Sweet FM-2 kits this morning, and after 45 minutes of work, I had both kits they give you assembled for the most part. I kept off certain parts to ease in painting later on. The only disappointment with these kits is that cockpit detail is non-existent...no seat or IP in them. I'll fix that by painting the inside of the canopy black and masking the windows with Bare Metal Foil, which I'm anticipating going to be the hardest thing to do with these kits. The fit and detail on the kits are phenomenal considering the scale they are in. They go together like a Tamiya or Hasawaga kit.

I'm planning on building one kit in the Atlantic ASW scheme of White and Grey (one of the two kits in the box comes molded in white plastic and the other in Blue) and I'm not sure if I want to do an overall GSB scheme or the Tricolor camo. I'm leaning towards the GSB scheme just to get the kit knocked out with the least amount of headaches.

I'll post some photos later today of what I've done so far....