Best MIG-29 in 1/72

Alot to chose from here. Accuracy and even the version doesn't really matter (as long as it's a single seater). My only real criteria is how good the parts fit. In fact, for what I'm doing with this, the cockpit won't even be installed. The canopy "glass" will be painted black.

Any suggestions?

Best choices would be Italeri for a MiG-29 9.12 Fulcrum-A and ICM for a MiG-29 9.13 Fulcrum-C. Italeri also does the MiG-29UB double-seater.

I don't know how easy to assemble the Hasegawa Fulcrum is, but the Italeri or ICM kits can't be that much worse (if at all). Beside the much higher accuracy, the Italeri and ICM kits will probably be cheaper as well.

Edited by ChernayaAkula

But as he's said, he's not building for accuracy, win;t even stick the 'pit in. I agree with ReiRei0, just get a Hasegawa. The thing's practically a snap-tite model the fit is so good and as long as you don't hold it next to a pic of the real thing it's okay.

Suprisingly, I always thought the Airfix Mig-29 was the best in 1/72nd scale. I have one in a painting stage of completion and to me, it looks to have the best shape of all the 1/72nd scale Fulcrums.

Just my opinion...

Alex

Best fit:

japanese kits:

Hasegawa

Fujimi= older Testors

Tsukuda = Revell/RoG = ACE = Kangnam

All was designed between 1986 and 1989, very bad accuracy

Best accuracy:

ICM Fulcrum C

Italeri = Bílek = later Testors

Airfix/Heller

--------

Hasegawa Fulcrum kit has two versions:

- original (1987)

- "with stores" (after Farnborough 1989) - upgraded kit with bigger rudders, corrected upper intakes and new sprue with stores

Late on this post but just have a few questions. How are the panel lines like on the Italeri and ICM Fulcrums - raised or recessed, heavy or light, etc? Also is it true that the Airfix one is a dog to put together? Oh don't forget, probably best to forget, the Hobbycraft / Idea one - even worst than Tsukuda = Revell/RoG = ACE = Kangnam.

How are the panel lines like on the Italeri and ICM Fulcrums - raised or recessed, heavy or light, etc?

Recessed. Normal depth.

Tbh, yes hasegawa fits probably better (i have build neither Hasegawa or ICM/Italeri kit) but the little extra work on the fit on ICM kit is just worth it. It looks light years better than hasegawa. In my honest opinion.

Edited by Berkut

A note to remind that there were two ICM MiG-29s. The only way to make sure that you get the ICM tooling is to get the Strizhi boxing or the camouflaged plane boxing with the M-Hobby sticker on it. Otherwise you may end up with a Condor rebox (mix of raised and recessed panel lines, poor detail, bad fit).

Zvezda's single seater is a Nakotne/Berkut rebox which much be avoided.

Edited by Laurent