Thanks for the comments guys :lol:

The flash has brightened the image and, I think, the shade of blue that I have used is defineatly inacurate but not as obvious as the pic makes out.

Similarly, the HUD area and seats are infact gunmetal, not silver, which just shows how distorted an image I seem to have given. Hopefully both can be toned-down with a bit of weathering :whistle:

Thanks for keeping me honest though guys, appreciated.

Whiles we`re here, can anyone help with my earlier questions?

I`ve found the info supplied by the guys invaluable, but I still have three issues to resolve.

1- Have MiG-31 stopped using the wing mounted external fuel tanks on patrol?

2- Are the Revell decals for `Red 22` accurate, just wrongly translated by Revell in the instructions?

3- I`m still not sure what the problem with the intakes is, they look fine on the sprue but this may be clearer when I construct them.

Thanks again for the feedback :cheers:

Cheers, Ian

Thanks Hakan and Sebastijan :lol: , I`ve added a little more but that is enough as there are still pilots to take up residence yet.

4-3.jpg

5-2.jpg

Cheers all, :whistle:

Ian

May I know what kind of firm do you use to make the dials and gauges of the cockpit? This is because all I know is there is only the PART aftermarket cockpit accessories for the 1:72 Mig-31.

Correct, they are OOB Revell cockpit decals.

WOW, fantastic pics Zmey, very much appreciated! :cheers:

Real useful info, I will post decals pic when I can.

Priceless help Zmey, thanks again! :whistle:

Cheers, Ian

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, and thanks guys for the encouraging words, much appreciated.

As promised, a pic of the decal sheet, I`m not sure if this is a better picture of the `burner cans as we`ll soon find out when I hit `post`. I defineatly feel they need more work.

So much for OOB! :thumbsup:

7-2.jpg

Thanks again

Cheers, Ian

PS- okay a better pic of the cans but still not great, the one on the left has been roughly sanded and waiting for detailing.

Edited by Ian Buick
Just how big is it?

:woot.gif:

/Bosse

It is huge. Don't remember how may cm, but it is big enough. Probably one of the biggest fighters out there, and with the biggest nose i guess for the huge radar.

• 2 months later...
May i ask why you did the wash now? As i weak "preshading"? If that will work, it will probably look better than standard preshading.

Hi!

I wanted to give it a go as some of my recent pre-shading has been so weak it has been next to pointless.

I don`t know how this will work out....here`s hoping! <_<

Cheers, Ian

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the kind comments guys!

I`ve been working on The Beast and am decalling now.

I assume the 01/03/10 closing date includes today (the 1st).

One side decalled, just top and bottom, and portside to go.

This really is a nice kit and excellent decals sheet, the undercart is a bit fragile but then this is due to the level of detail and the couple of hard landings that I gave Her during final painting (poor thing!)

Cheers, Ian :worship: