The trick is to have a really small tweezer and a shot of whisky to steady the hand! :thumbsup:

Nah...this is a relaxed laid back build...prolly won´t be finished before X-mas....and if it does, I promise to build an X-wing before Newyear!

Naaah...just don´t have a life outside work :P

Thanx Awan :)

BTW... does anybody have any pics of the bang seats the Israelis use in their Sufas? of what I´ve found they look a bit different from standard ACESII seats.

I´ll continue to google but not found anything really useful yet...

Cheers!

No Prob :thumbsup:

And I have some pictures on a Blackarmor drive back in my dorm..I'm about to go to class right now but I'll see what I can upload later tonight. B)

Since I´m not going to buy resin seats for the Sufa I have to detail the existing or find something in the

spare box. I need the canvas for my painting......

The old Gawa bangseats looks, well plain is an understatement....

Here´s some pics to give you an idea....

DSC00774.jpg

DSC00775.jpg

DSC00776.jpg

Well I scrounged around in my spare box and found a couple of Italeri seats for a Mudhen....

Pretty muck more detailed than the Gawa seats...yeas there are big injection marks but they can be dealt with.

DSC00777.jpg

DSC00779.jpg

DSC00780.jpg

I´d go with the Italeri seat as a base for modifications...........if it wasn´t for this!

DSC00781.jpg

side by side...

DSC00783.jpg

There´s a slight difference in size here...... :thumbsup:

Demnit!

the height of the Italeri seat would be about 110 cm and the Gawa about 130 cm....

What sounds correctish to you guys?

Cheers!

Very nice progress so far.:soapbox: If I were you,I would go with the Hasegawa seats.You can make seat belts from aluminum foil or Tamiya's masking tape.Of course it's your choice. :)

Cheers :blink:

Thanx Screaming Eagle! :D

Oh I´d say it´d need more than belts and buckles to match the ACES seats in the Sufa........ :P

I´ll use the gawa seat as a base,seems to be the right size at least!

Cheers!

Those "horns" that stick out from the ACES II headrest...what are they anyway? are they movable?

I´m looking at pics of the seats in the Sufa and I´m trying to determin wether they are there or if they´re folded down somehow....

Cheers!

Well, I'll be darned! Didn;t notice the size diff when making my Rafle-Winged F-16. Otherwise the Italeri seats are pretty nice. How about Kinetic? Those

seats are pretty good too.

Ey, long time no see!

I don´t have any Kinteics seats to compare with :yahoo:

Anyways I had a second to reconsider and I´ve now ordered the quickboost seats :banana::P

Cheers!

Edited by Aigore
Those "horns" that stick out from the ACES II headrest...what are they anyway? are they movable?

<...>

AFAIK, they collect environment data upon ejection. Probably to determine how fast and how high the seat is in order to initiate the proper seat/pilot separation sequence. Or sumfink like that. :banana:

Edited by ChernayaAkula
AFAIK, they collect environment data upon ejection. Probably to determine how fast and how high the seat is in order to initiate the proper seat/pilot separation sequence. Or sumfink like that. :banana:

So the IAF are doing without them then?

Other than the ACES debacle I do have a little update for tonight...

Been detailing the front wheel well :bandhead2:

Gawa left the wells pretty bare in this kit...might be the age, wasn´t that hip to have detailed wheel wells in the 90´s ?

Anyways I started with a strip down the center of the well and then some ribs in strip styrene from our beloved Evergreen:D I started with .25x.5 mm strips (.010 x .020" for you metricly impaired)

DSC00785.jpg

Then I took a needle and made fairly uneven rivetholes :taunt: (should get me a riveting tool) and some lateral ribs.

DSC00786.jpg

I used the thin strips as distances to get the ribs up....er or down from the roof of the well, and put on .25*.75 mm strips on top (.010 x .030 ")

DSC00791.jpg

Then I made small details out of toothpics and glued them in...

DSC00794.jpg

And lastly some cables and stuff

DSC00797.jpg

There...now it look better :trolls:

Cheers!

So the IAF are doing without them then?

Sorry, got no clue. :unsure: THIS ARTICLE on ejectionsite.com on the ACES II fitted to the F-22 seems to indicate that the pitots on the F-22 seat are stowed and only deploy when the seat is fired. Maybe the Israelis use this version as well? :unsure:

<...>

There...now it look better :D

Sure does! :)

Thanx Moritz :pray:

And yup that might be it! just a little different coloring of the seat.......

A friend supplied me with a few shots of the seats and they confirm that there aren´t any "horn" deployd while on the ground. looks like the headrest part is the same as the F-22 seat but the rest of the seats look like ordinary F-16 seats.

Curious!

Sufaseat.jpg

Edited by Aigore