Thanx Mark!

I just noticed it myself :P Unfortunately it´s too late to do anything about it.....I can blame the decaling guide from Isracast tho since it doesn´t show which way to place it! It only shows the decal number not the placeing...had I oogled my refs I would have noticed it probably, but I didn´t look for it specifically :lol:

I´ll live with it :taunt:

verry nice markings.the decals look like they have settled nicely.can't wait to see the weathering on :lol:

Yeah, very nice decals indeed! I haven´t detected any silvering yet...let´s hope for the best :taunt:

I´ll seal them with future tomorrow.

Oh maaaan;

your Sufa look spendiiiiiid Janne! :cheers:

i love it! :yahoo:

:yahoo: Gianni

P.S. I'm not 100% sure, but I think the markings that you've chosen are simply a enlarged version of the squadron badge and not those of a special bird (unfortunately I have the first Isra book dedicated to the Sufa and Negev Squadron's planes are represented only with the small squadron badge on the tail fin)

Oh maaaan;

your Sufa look spendiiiiiid Janne! :cheers:

i love it! :wub:

;) Gianni

P.S. I'm not 100% sure, but I think the markings that you've chosen are simply a enlarged version of the squadron badge and not those of a special bird (unfortunately I have the first Isra book dedicated to the Sufa and Negev Squadron's planes are represented only with the small squadron badge on the tail fin)

Heh, well after 2006 all Negev machines have the art work on the tails :D Good eh?

Thanx for the heads up, Gianni :D

Cheers!

The Sufa build is running aloing smoothly for a change :D

I´ve been working on the fun stuff that´s going in under the wings...

This is what I have so far...

IMG_0161.jpg

Primed in Alclad II microfiller nad then preshaded in black..

IMG_0175.jpg

Starting to come together...

IMG_0179.jpg

I scrounged up some more spare decals...you never know :D Well for instance, I don´t have any decals for the Python 4s

IMG_0178.jpg

Oh and the tail No :D

IMG_0163.jpg

No more work on this build until monday then....work work :/

Cheers!

Been a while again :thumbsup:

Well I´m back and I have a little canopy detailing special for you.

The canopy in the gawa kit is pretty bare and boring...nothing in the way of details. Since I´ve been paying such attention to detailing during all of this build

I thought I´d continue on that track and spice up the canopy a bit as well.

The contrast would have been too great :P

I´m not in for superdetailing now, I just want it to look a tad better than it does OOB.

The first step was to make spacers from plastic tube from evergreen. It´s held in blace by small strips of tape for proper positioning and then glued in place a small

section at a time.

IMG_0188.jpg

Like so...

IMG_0190.jpg

Then I added thin strips of evergreen plasticard for the inside panels and trimmed it at the front end.

IMG_0192.jpg

after that I added some detail in the form of locking teeth cut from plasticard. I tried to judge the spacing from pics I got from Bosse (thanx again Bosse)

IMG_0193.jpg

Now it´s time to make 4 handles that goes inside as well. To make them the same size I decided to make a simple jig from sprue.

I cut a piece of sprue and made a groove with a razor saw.

IMG_0196.jpg

Then I decided the width of the handles and cut the sprue to match and then made grroves on the sides as well.

IMG_0200.jpg

I simply press copper wire in the groove and out pops handles in the right dimensions :D

IMG_0202.jpg

There all done... Don´t think it needs any further enhancement.

IMG_0206.jpg

Painted and drybrushed :D

IMG_0207.jpg

That´s all for now folks :D

Cheers!

wow nice canopy scratchwork there!

as usual am impressed and cant wait for the finished product!

maybe i shld learn how to do some stuff from you for my aggressors!

great work keep it up! :thumbsup:

Thanx infideon!

LOl help yourself if you wanna get stuck in detailing hell :P

It is fun tho I might add.

WOW. <_<

I can see that the pics I sent you came into good use.

Great skills you have Janne.

Keep it up

:cheers:

/Bosse

Yup they sure did, Bosse :D They helped out a lot actually and as a result the canopy has a chunkier feel to it and it looks better as well!

Thanx mate!

There.... the weapons are decalized!!! :blink:

And sealed with Future....had a heck of a time unclogging my AB tho, must have missed something when I cleaned it last :/

Now everything is laid out on the table awating a nice wash or two :lol: then it´s just flat coating and final assembly left!

Cheers!

Well peeps! This is it, the final update on the Sufa!

Sheesh, I Started this build back in septemeber and now it´s coming to a close...5 months, that´s even slower then the Viggie build.

Alright I got an TIE Interceptor done in that time as well when I needed a break for a while. But still, I´ve never devoted that much time to a build before!

It´s been fun all the way even tho I hit a pothole on the way, I´ve never scratched this much detailing before, was a novel experience and a few bucks saved :P

The the cost was never the issue considering the price of the IsraCast stuff I had to get.....

I got loads of tips and support during the build and I´m grateful for you guys cheering me on!And now I´ve learned a thing or two about F-16s as well during the build.

Boys and girls, here´s the last update on the Sufa!

This here is what I use in my washes, a small medicine cup, Ivory black and Burnt Umber oils, some turpentine...

I Use a little more of the umber than the black.

IMG_0211.jpg

Then I mix it until it has the same viscosity as milk.

IMG_0217.jpg

Apply it richly with a brush...

IMG_0218.jpg

And whipe it of with a cloth from an old T-shirt.

This is what the 600 gallon droptank looks like after I´ve whiped it.

IMG_0223.jpg

After I did all the small stuf I went on to th Sufa itself. I splashed the wah on over every panel line, nook and cranny :(

IMG_0225.jpg

IMG_0226.jpg

Then I flat coated with Model Master flat coat.

Here´s what the underwing stores looked like when everything was done

IMG_0228.jpg

This is where disaster struck tho :(

After I wiped the Sufa I noticed that the Pledge coats had cracked! Nothing to do other than start over and I´m not going to do that. Cracked or not cracked I´m proud of the model and I will not change anything on it

I have to live with it not briging me first prizes in competitions, that´s not why I build, I build because it´s fun! And I´m very happy with the result even with cracked painting!

IMG_0231.jpg

Here´s all the satuff that´s left to glue on...only final assembly left now.

IMG_0234.jpg

You´ll have to wait for the pics of the finsished bird for a while, I need to buy a stand for my camera before I can get on with the shoot out :)

Cheers and thanks for following this build!

Excellent Build!

A++++

hope to see it in critique section soon!

Thanx Infideon :rofl:

I´ll just get me a camera stand....see if I can get one tomorrow or on thursday

great wash and overall weathering my friend.

Thanx Dragan, we shall see what the photo shoot out will reviel...you know I never hide my mistakes :woot.gif:

Lots of arsenals is a good thing! And Pythons! :woot.gif: These should look good on your Sufa. Keep it up Janne.

Mmmm...I like the idea of an assymetric weapons load...looks interesting some how.....Picture soon to follow :woot.gif: