I continue with them wheel wells and it´s time for the main wells.

This will take time.... but on the other hand, I´m in no hurry :taunt:

I had to cut out the well from the hull to be able to reach and detail it.

Just a bit of dremeling and it was done. It was a pity that I had started guing stuff in there already..oh well bit of violence and I had them off as well.

DSC00798.jpg

The well desperately needs some details in it! Gee it´s nekkid!

I started with doing a rib or what it´s called. I cut out profiles in plasticard...

DSC00799.jpg

Marked with a pencil where I wanted some aditional details and glued thin styrene stripes in place...

DSC00801.jpg

And then a fairing on top...

DSC00803.jpg

...and glued them in place.

DSC00804.jpg

The same procedure with the ribs in the front end of the well

DSC00808.jpg

This is just the beginning of the detailing venture of the wells....sheeesh.

But it looks better and better....we´ll see about the resin in the end :explode: Always good to have alternatives. Sure a resin piece would look great but it feels a bit better to have made the stuff yourself if you know what I mean :)

Cheers!

WOW, Janne! Sure make me eat my words will ya! :thumbsup: Looking fantastic already! Keep up the good work!

Oh there´s still plenty of time to botch it and end up buying the resin from aires instead :worship:

Janne,

This build is coming along really well. It's all in the details, isn't it?

Yup, it´s fun to superdetail....but I don´t have the energy to do it on every build I do....then I´d end up making like one or two models a year. NOw that wouldn´t put a dent in my stash for about 20 years :)

I have to do some OOB builds in between so I get stuff on to my shelves!

Working on Sundays huh? Well I guess I feel ya there. I have to work from 6PM to 2AM, and then have to be back to work tomorrow at 11AM. Oh well. What we do for money huh? Cant wait to see your update.

Ahhhhh!

Home, sweet home!

Alright, time to get down to business after I had me a little nap.

Detailing the main wheel wells it was...

I begun with glueing the thicker bundles of cupper wire that I had twined.

DSC00810.jpg

Then smaller and smaller bundles...

DSC00811.jpg

After that I thought I´d throw in some plastic details as well...hehe that battery box is the orginal headrest from the Vigilante from Trumpeter :P

This is the fun part really, you just look around for stuff that might fit and looks right. Very gratifying :)

DSC00817.jpg

DSC00823.jpg

DSC00825.jpg

And then I added some tubing from optic fibre cables and more cable bundles! This is getting really fun!

Had to start throwing in smaller cables out of cupper wire as wellat this stage.

DSC00829.jpg

The other side...

Trying to fit them acording to the refs.... well let´s say I´m more looking for the busy impression a wheel well gives you.

DSC00832.jpg

Well then, let´s look at an overview of my handy work!

DSC00834.jpg

I´m pleased with the look of it...on with them walls

DSC00835.jpg

And strangely enough it all fitted right back into the airframe....well after some convincing by The Dremel! :D

DSC00836.jpg

Actually I think I´ll go for these wells....no resin is needed :D

Well of course it might look horrible with paint on but I´ll take that risk :D

Cheers!

Wheel wells look great Janne. Sorry I never got back to you on the pictures of the seats...Got home late and I just passed out in bed. :mellow:

Let me know if you ever need more pictures of stuff...I'll upload what you need

-Awan

I always need more pics :D

Seriously, if you have more pics of the seats just throw them in the thread!

WOW! Now that's one very good-looking wheel well! I love it! :)

Thanx Qian! :D

...I do to :wub:

I always need more pics :mellow:

Seriously, if you have more pics of the seats just throw them in the thread!

Speaking about seats, how about some cockpit photos? Well, I don't have any but I can put it to you. The F-16I cockpit instrument panels are all black and the walls are Neutral Grey.

Keep up the good work and I hope to see more photos soon! :wub:

:)

I have good pics of the interior of the cockpit thanx to Marlin...but I could use high resollution pics of the seats...just because they don´t look like ordinary ACER II seats for the F-16. More like a cross between the ACER in the F-22 and the F-16 seat...

Hi Janne

Wheel wells. Hate them! .... but I love the work you've done on this using just scrap parts and wire. It really does make a huge difference. I'm looking forward to seeing the main gear wells with a coat of primer. :) And I've subscribed to the thread so I can see what other gems of inspiration you decide to share.

Keep up the good work.

Ian

Hi Janne

Wheel wells. Hate them! .... but I love the work you've done on this using just scrap parts and wire. It really does make a huge difference. I'm looking forward to seeing the main gear wells with a coat of primer. :cheers: And I've subscribed to the thread so I can see what other gems of inspiration you decide to share.

Keep up the good work.

Ian

Thanx Ian :D

Well first I´ll be moving on to detailing the gears as well :D

Hi Janne,

Been enjoying this thread but now just getting msg that you've exceeded bandwidth for Photobucket ... ie, no more pics :(

regards,

Gary F

I just noticed...demn, first time it ever happened to me!

I´ll see if i can do something aboot it....

The wells are done...time for the struts!

NOthing fancy just checking the refs and a steady hand :D

The usual copper wire treatment.

There are still a few mods to be made on the main gears....those small landinglights on the struts appear to be gone.

On the left strut there´s a little interesting looking box attached witha a bit of cables.

Anyways I started with the rough wireing ...

the main gear

DSC00839.jpg

DSC00838.jpg

There was some PE to go here as well..

DSC00842.jpg

and the nose gear...

DSC00843.jpg

DSC00846.jpg

I´ll finish up the gears today and then I´ll get around to them static dischargers...

Cheers!